What dud studs will rebound? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What dud studs will rebound?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What dud studs will rebound?

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:38 am

There have been a couple of highly ranked studs that have been performing at, or close to, dud status for a variety of reasons... Which of these would be most likely to rebound?

A. Green - currently a thread on him. Biggest problem appears to be that GB sucks right now..

S. Davis - What will he do after surgery & on a depleted/demoralized Carolina team.

S. Moss - don't know what the problem is here. Even if he gets a big game - will it be repeated?

M Harrison - not exactly a dud, but so much talent around him, no sure thing on any given week.

T. Holt - similar problem to Harrison, a lot of talent around him. Last years #'s already seem out of reach.

K. Barlow - never really a stud, but had a very high draft value.

T. Henry - didn't he get off to a slow start last year too?

M. Bennett - Will he ever return? Will he have a job?

edit 1: Portis - blinded by my faith :)

edit 2: L. Coles - he's done. so sad. Just not in the game plan. (edit - not in the cards is a better choice of words)

edit 3: Taylor

edit 4: T. Green - Kennison - Morton, Can you hear me now?

edit 5: M. Vick - Most exciting player! most dissapointing stats?

edit 6: Duece McAllister - he wasn't playing all that great b4 the injury.

edit 7: P. Price - this guy has really been "wow" bad

edit 8: Chambers - collapsed like the rest of miami

edit 9: Chad Johnson - Where's a Kitna when you need one?

miss anybody?

My current vote: Ahman - but I'm not sure I'd trade for him either.
Last edited by Gibbs_Wagon on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:43 am

I would add Portis to this list as well Mr. Gibbs ;).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:45 am

Also add Fred Taylor to that list.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Estarr01 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:26 am

Portis is a joke this year
Taylor did the same thing last year, he got off to a slow start and then rebounded to become a top player. I expect/hope for the same this year.

All Dud team

QB - Green
RB - Portis
WR - Harrison
TE - Gonzo
K - Vandy (only because he's injured)
Def - Car.

My team (keeper league)
RB - Portis, Taylor, Barlow, Suggs and Droughens
WR - Steve Smith, Mason, R. Smith,
QB - McNabb, Harrington
TE - Gates
K - Elam
Def - Carolina, Atlanta
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: What dud studs will rebound?

Postby CellarDweller » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:41 am

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:A. Green - currently a thread on him. Biggest problem appears to be that GB sucks right now..

Agreed - although I think that with the season for GB going into the tank, Green's numbers might improve. So he may rebound.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:S. Davis - What will he do after surgery & on a depleted/demoralized Carolina team.

I don't think any of the RBs for Carolina will be productive this year.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:S. Moss - don't know what the problem is here. Even if he gets a big game - will it be repeated?

I think you'll see a late season surge outta Moss. Once Martin comes back to earth, that is. But sooner or later, Penny is gonna have to throw the ball, and Moss is his guy. He'll probably rebound.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:M Harrison - not exactly a dud, but so much talent around him, no sure thing on any given week.

I think that every defense has been doubling Marvin all season. And as long as Reggie and Edge continue to perform well, I think you'll see a lot of Ds loosen up, causing Marvin's numbers to grow as the season gets deeper. He'll definitely rebound.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:T. Holt - similar problem to Harrison, a lot of talent around him. Last years #'s already seem out of reach.

I don't trust Martz at all - who knows what this guy is thinking. If the Rams continue to throw and throw and throw, Holt is going to get the yards. But I have no idea of his rebound potential.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:K. Barlow - never really a stud, but had a very high draft value.

I didn't have him ranked very high, and with the 49ers playing like they are. Just consider everyone from San Fran a black hole.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:T. Henry - didn't he get off to a slow start last year too?

Yup - but unless the O-line gets better his numbers will stay the same. I hate to say it, but I don't think he'll rebound.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:M. Bennett - Will he ever return? Will he have a job?

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:edit 1: Portis - blinded by my faith :)

He'll rebound. None of the QBs are performing, so all that is left is the running game. His numbers will come.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:edit 2: L. Coles - he's done. so sad. Just not in the game plan.

Until the QB issues get resolved, and his finger gets healed, he's gonna be average for the season. What you've seen thus far is what you'll get.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:edit 3: Taylor

The Jags are up and down. I have no idea of what to expect from anyone in Jax.

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:miss anybody?

I'd add Trent Green to the list. I think (hope) that his numbers will get better.

-CD-
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:02 pm

add Priest Holmes on that list! He failed to score a TD in one of the games! :-#
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ramsfan4life » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:19 pm

is everbody overlooking vicks horrible season b/c his team is doing good?
ramsfan4life
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Steve_ffc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:30 pm

Vick def has to be added to that list. Although the Falcons are 4-1 his fantasy numbers have been terrible. Who cares if they are winning I want statistics. But out of the above I think Harrison will rebound and put up some monster games after the bye week!!!! I think Green will come around.
Winning Isn't Everything, It's The Only Thing!!!
Steve_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Siggyfawn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:36 pm

Here's my Vick rant.

OMFG let him run!

West Coast Shitense er I mean Offense is horrible for Vick. If you've watched the games, Vick throws 1 pass, a LASER. His touch passes are 90 mph. He is far better throwing down the middle (crumpler) or deep. He's horrible on short passes. So why the heck make him run an offense that requires a short passer, who's very accurate. DUH.

When they needed a TD, here's the 3 calls. Bootleg left, bootleg right, QB draw. Run those in random orders, they would have scored a TD. You can't stop Vick, period. Sure there's the risk of getting hurt, but when you need a score, you have to let him run. I've been a Falcons fan for years, and I've seen all the games, this offense is a horrible match for his skillset.

In '02 falcons had an explosive offense. They really need to rethink this, because this offense killed TO's #s, and it's killing Vicks. I like Mora, the D has been awesone, but damn this O sux!
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:15 pm

i agree with siggy...i saw vick overthrown warrick dunn at least 4 or 5 times throughout that game. He looked so bad at times during that game but i guess if u let him do what hes best at hes a different qb.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk