What dud studs will rebound? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What dud studs will rebound?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

McNabb sucked at the beginning of the season last year and turned it on after I cut him. I am not going to cut Vick this year, so you guys can count on him sucking all year :)
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Main Event » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:30 pm

I dont know if Duece McAllister would be considered a dud since he got hurt...but in week 1 vs SEA he didnt put anything up. Then got hurt early in week 2 and sat out 2 weeks. Week 5 he cameback and ran for 102 vs TB. Although the Saints havent been playing very good football latly i look for Duece to put up some numbers the rest of the season.
Main Event
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cas2800 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:38 pm

Add peerless Price and Chris Chambers to the list!
Cas2800
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kmac » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:34 pm

What about Plaxico with the QB change in Pitt?

11-5 Lifetime Fantasy Record with a 2nd place finish.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jscupa » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:40 pm

I may be biased.. but listen Ahamn will rebound
he started slow last year.. everyone relying on favre
when favre throws the ball 40 + times the packs record is 4 - 18
the coaches were talking about it on espn.. and have acknowleged it
they said the will FULLY depend on ahamn to control the clock and be their workhorse

he had one bad game..
yes he has been fumbling and has minimal tds.. but before MNF
his yardage was still top 6 in the nfl
people need to calm down the problem has been reconized and will be fixed

mark my words
end of the year top fantasy RBS

1. s.alexander
2. L.T.
3. A.green
4. P.holmes

in that order
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: What dud studs will rebound?

Postby The Lung » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:00 pm

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:edit 2: L. Coles - he's done. so sad. Just not in the game plan.

I'll agree that without a touchdown so far this season and several games with few catches and minimla yardage, Coles is bust material.

But to say that he is "not in the game plan" is inaccurate. Coles is tied for the lead in the NFL with Isaac Bruce at 56 for the number of targets. (intended receiver for a pass) Through five games, Coles was thrown to an average of more than eleven times per game! That hardly sounds like someone who is "not in the game plan."

The sad truth is what everyone but the Redskins brass knows - that Brunell sucks. Until Ramsey is back, I can't put too much faith in Coles. The only good news is that Washington faces Chicago this week, then a bye, then a stretch of games against the vanilla defenses of Green Bay, Detoit and Cincinnatti. If Coles doesn't shine by week 10 and you haven't already gotten rid of him, do so before the Redskins face Philly in week 11 followed by Pittsburgh, the Giants, and the Eagles again in week 14.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby crystalsgold1 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:19 pm

Some people jut don't know much about football ,when a guy can say that Coles is not in the game plan.
He will turn it around,he's got a case of the dropsies.Once he corrects his catching the ball,which he should have no problem doing he'll be a top 15 WR.
Coles is very valuable in points in reception leagues.TD's are not as important in those leagues(if TD's are 6 points.)Just don't know how this moran who started this post can say Duece is a BUST,he hasn't played much,and then to come back with his ankle not 100%,he puts up over 100 yards against a good D.
Let me guess,NONE of the guys you mentioned are on your team.
I agree with alot of the guys you put on the list, but some on your list you didn't put much thought into them !!!!!! :-t
crystalsgold1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:09 pm

add chad johnson
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:26 pm

crystalsgold1 wrote:know how this moran who started this post can say Duece is a BUST,he hasn't played much,and then to come back with his ankle not 100%,he puts up over 100 yards against a good D.

No need for the name calling...

As for the coles entry: poor choice of words, perhaps "not in the cards" would have been better served than not in the game plan. He is def in the game plan.

As for Duece - not putting up points for whatever reason got you on the list - and perhaps he has the best chance for rebound. Though w/out looking at the stats, didn't he have a rough start pre-injury?

One thing that this is obvious is that there are MANY candidates to choose from players that were generally taken in the top 3 or 4 rounds.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk