Should a Commissioner undo a computer glitch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should a Commissioner undo a computer glitch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should a Commissioner undo a computer glitch?

Postby drsteuss » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:27 am

A guy in my league dropped Deuce McAllister by accident last week when he was trying to dump Josh McCown. After a huge waiver scramble, Deuce was picked up by someone else. This guy really didn't mean to drop Deuce. His computer is all f*ed up.

I'm the commissioner. I asked the guy who picked up Deuce if he would consider a giveback. I told him he wasn't obligated to. Was this the right thing to do? I'd just hate to see a guy's season ruined early because of a technical error.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:32 am

He SHOULD be obligated too. You shouldn't even have to ask. He's not doing anyone any favors either. It should be obvious that's the right thing to do.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:36 am

What league are you in (Yahoo? ESPN? ect.)?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby drsteuss » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:51 am

Yahoo.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby oskin100 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:52 am

He gives him back!
oskin100
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:56 am

When you add/drop in yahoo, there is a confirmation page before the deal goes through. It is not like you can have a one touch error. How did this guy's faulty computer manage to select the wrong player to drop and then confirm the drop on an entirely different page?
Sounds to me like he just got careless when making the transaction. Unless he has a legitimate explaination for how this is not his fault, he deserves to lose Deuce.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:56 am

IMO, it depends on how long Deuce was on the wire... If the guy who dropped him immediately put in a request to get him back, then he should... But, if Deuce was out on the wire for awhile, and NOW the guy is saying that he didn't really mean to drop him, then he should lose him... It all depends... I would think if he really did drop him by accident, then he would have immediately put in a waiver request, AND e-mailed you within minutes to tell you it was an accident... If those two things happened, then he should get him back... BUT, the guy who picked him up should have his waiver wire priority restored...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:01 am

Give him Deuce back, unless you don't know anyone in the league. If you are all friends, give him Deuce back.

If you don't know anyone, drop Deuce off the guy's roster, give yourself #1 waiver priority, and grab him yourself.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:54 am

Plindsey88 wrote:IMO, it depends on how long Deuce was on the wire... If the guy who dropped him immediately put in a request to get him back, then he should...

This won't work. As someone who had a change of hear after dropping a guy knows, Yahoo will not let the dropping team put in a waiver claim on the same guy. You only get a shot if he clears waivers.

I agree with Bowie. Yahoo makes it tough for this to be an accident. Not like hitting the wrong button on a trade where there is no confirmation screen.
If ALL other league members agree to undo the drop, then do so. Otherwise, let it go.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:58 pm

seems somewhat fishy....try to get a majority of your league members to agree on a decision...democracy WORKS....sometimes....dictatorship also works (that's where the league commissioner steps in)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk