Ahman Green....whats the dealio? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green....whats the dealio?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green....whats the dealio?

Postby thecelt1974 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:44 am

Ahman Green has been getting progressively worse this season. Do you all think this is something that just nedes to be waited out...or is it time to start looking somewhere else for a productive FF RB?
thecelt1974
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:01 pm

you don't have much of a choice but to wait it out since you'll get diddly squat for Ahman right now. His stats for the past 4 wks are atrocious (3 fumbles, 0 TDs) O:-)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:52 pm

yeah i know wat you mean i was ahead by 24 pts going into sunday night and had ahman green playing for me and drew bennet, jamal lewis and ryan longwell playing for the other guy and i lost!!! this sucks but we green owners just gotta wait it out.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:56 pm

If the Packers keep falling behind and Green keeps fumbling, it will be very hard for him to put up any significant points. Its hard to run the ball when they are down 17-0 in the first quarter.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Melo255 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:07 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:If the Packers keep falling behind and Green keeps fumbling, it will be very hard for him to put up any significant points. Its hard to run the ball when they are down 17-0 in the first quarter.

Exactly. If the Green Bay defense can't stop anybody from running all over them and passing right through them he just won't get the carries as they will be forced to go to Favre nonstop to get back in the game. Frustrating as hell.
"With My Last Breath I Curse Zoidberg"
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shock Wave » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:13 pm

They fall behind and have to pass. I heard reports last week that Green was gonna get ton of work this week but the Titans and BRown came out firing so they had to go to Favre passing it out. Probably one of the reasons Walker is having a monster season so far.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:20 pm

"With My Last Breath I Curse Zoidberg"

:-P
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:26 pm

The first round has been filled with studs busting this year, and although its too early to make them "official busts", guys like Ahman are really hurting fantasy teams right now.

I personally did not draft him, I had a bad feeling after the monster year last year, but I am surprised with the dissapointing stats he has put up so far. Maybe him and Tiki Barber have secretly been switched...

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joester » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:37 pm

Would you guys rather have Chris Brown or Ahman Green from here on out?
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:11 pm

@ Joester, I'm a little biased because I'm a Brown owner which means I've seen a few of his games this year and he's the real deal. Tenn. has a pretty simple schedule the rest of the year so I'd say Brown.

Green and the Pack will get their offense going. I thought they abandoned the run far too early last night, even when they were trailing by 17. There was still 3/4 of the game to play last night and I think had they stuck with Green more, the defense may have performed a little better. The Packers need to play defense via offense, much like the Colts. The longer they can have their offense on the field, the less their defense is on it. They should get it going here shortly, I think Sherman has figured this out.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk