Ahman Green....whats the dealio? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green....whats the dealio?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jscupa » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:21 pm

Now I may be biased too.. but lets look at it this way.. didnt aham green start out this way last year???

GB started to rely on favre way to much.. they are 4 - 18 when favre throws over 40 times a game

the coaches know this
Ahman will rebound.. and rebound big
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shock Wave » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:22 pm

joester wrote:Would you guys rather have Chris Brown or Ahman Green from here on out?

I own both :-b

But if I didnt I would probably say Green right now just because Brown really doesnt have a history. I wouldnt be surprised if Brown did well for the rest of the season but what if all of a sudden he hits a wall, im not saying he will in fact I doubt it but I have to have faith in Green who I still believe can get back to being a elite fantasy back.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby murf74 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:25 pm

The Pack need to remember what made them a good team last year and that was to lean on Green and use Favre to keep defense honest.

It's like what the Steelers tried last year (throwing to set up the run). That never works you have to run to set up the pass.

The Pack was down by 14 and totally abandoned the run and let Favre throw bone head play after play. Green touched the ball 4 times in the first half. That right there is why the Pack offense never got in a groove.

I thought that was one of the worst offensive playcalling games I have seen in a long time.

And when they did run, they ran right up the middle where they are weak. Ahman has speed and they never tried to get him outside or even try the screen. Ahman on the screen is guaranteed 10 yards. But the Pack want to throw 30 yard INTs instead.

And using the run game keeps your defense off the field which makes them fresher and therefor better.

WISE UP PACK
murf74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:11 pm

I expect a huge day for A Green vs Detroit. Huge!
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:24 pm

doesn't A Green's week 1 performance seem like last year?

Think about it.......Packer fans must have been so happy. They beat Carolina IN CAROLINA-the defending NFC Champs. A Green rushed for 2 TDs and caught one.

Now look.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk