When is it time for an extreme roster makeover? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When is it time for an extreme roster makeover?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When is it time for an extreme roster makeover?

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:39 am

Like many others that I see in the forum here, my team is sitting at 1-4 in a very competitive 10 team league. My record against the top 3 teams that sit at 4-1 each is 1-2 with the two losses by a combined 3 pts. including the 1 pointer this week. I've been hampered by Green's underachieving as well as Harrison's very average start.

My team:
T. Green
C. Brown, E. James, B. Westbrook, M. Pittman,
M. Harrison, J. Smith, A. Davis, D. Branch, R. Caldwell, M. Robinson, A. Boldin
A. Crumpler
No Kicker yet
Atlanta, NE

Would I be wise to hit the panic button now, try and move Harrison as well as Brown possibly and try and land a big playmaker or two? When do you reach the point in the season that desperation sets in? 4 teams will make the playoffs and right now I'm 2 back and get to play everyone at least one more time. Just curious as to what people's thoughts are on when it's time to shake up the roster big time. To me, after 5 weeks of play, trends are starting to become identifiable in players.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby detroit_to_denver » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:54 am

Trends yes but seeing as you lost by 3 points combined in two games that is so close it isn't a trend. You could easily be 4-1 if those go your way. I would sit tight.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:04 am

I would trade your veterans away for draft picks. It's a rebuilding year.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:15 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would trade your veterans away for draft picks. It's a rebuilding year.
LMAO! I wish it was a keeper league bro, alas, it's not.

It took Manning going nuts in one of those losses too.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quickm0ng00se » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:02 pm

Trends yes but seeing as you lost by 3 points combined in two games that is so close it isn't a trend. You could easily be 4-1 if those go your way. I would sit tight.

I agree. I was faced with the same situation after week 3. Up to that point, most points scored in a single game was ~110. I had put up 98-96-97 for the first three weeks, and was 0-3. I received all kinds of trade offers, but most were people trying to take advantage of my 0-3 start. Which is most likely what you would be facing. I waited. It paid off. I finally received an offer for TO, that landed me Deuce and A.Johnson. So far, after the trade, I am 2-0, and looking good. Lesson? If the right deal comes along, make the move. But don't be so hung up on your record that you sell the farm. C.Brown is a very solid RB, and Harrison has as much potential as anyone out there. You could try and deal Brown, but I doubt you would get a WR/RB who will put up comparable points. Which leaves Harrison. He is underachieving right now, and I doubt anyone would give you a RB that would be an improvement over Brown or Edge. As for WR talent you could get for him, I don't think it would be anyone you would rather have over Harrison.

Put some feelers out there. Aim high, and see if people counter with anything fair. Like Detroit said, you could easily be 4-1. No need to anything drastic.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:53 pm

panick time=0-6.....you're pretty much screwed at that point...hard to pull off an 8-game winning streak and make the playoffs by then...you could still ruin the playoff chances of others and be a spoiler though! ;-D
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:08 pm

My RBs are the only thing carrying my team, the issue is with the QB and WR position mainly. I keep telling myself that WRs are WRs and you've got to have patience but then I just saw the guy that beat me this week have his 3 WRs each go for 10 pts. this week. I'm going to hold my cards for now hoping that some of these guys get hot.

I guess the 6 loss mark is when the panic should really set in then.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk