any henry updates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

any henry updates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

any henry updates?

Postby i_am_the_one » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:42 am

Any henry updates?

I have Henry, Barlow, Lewis and s. jackson. Should I drop S. Jackson for mcgahee?
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:01 am

Here's an update: Buffalo's O-Line is garbage.

Henry will be fine to play Sunday (why are you even asking...it's only Tuesday). He'll get his customary 3.0 YPC and then McGahee will come in and get 2.4 YPC. It'll be fantastic.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:02 pm

Henry is a tough back...he'll play....broken up and alll..
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:51 pm

he'll rebound....hopefully :-o
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: any henry updates?

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:53 pm

i_am_the_one wrote:Any henry updates?

I have Henry, Barlow, Lewis and s. jackson. Should I drop S. Jackson for mcgahee?

Actually, in that situation, I would start looking forward to next year's season... :-o

I have to wonder about everyone that is asking where Travis Henry's numbers are... Was no one paying attention during the pre-season when we talked constantly about he would be a huge disappointment this year? Did everyone just think that Willis McGahee got drafted in 99% of leagues for laughs?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:59 pm

it'd be nice if he ever got fully healthy...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby i_am_the_one » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:46 pm

I actually thought Henry in the 4th round 11 pick was a good pick, wouldn't you think?
i_am_the_one
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shock Wave » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:04 pm

He'll play most likely but I dont know if I would expect anything out of him. Im still optimistic though since I own him in one of my leagues.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:57 pm

FROM YAHOO

Oct 12 Travis Henry injured his foot early on in the Bills game against the Jets last Sunday. He remained in the game and tried to gut it out, but was removed in favor of Willis McGahee during the second half. The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reports that Henry suffered a "wrenched foot" and indicates he is expected to be fine for this weekend's tilt against the Dolphins.

Views: Good news for Henry owners, however be vedy, vedy wary of increased touches for McGahee. Now that the Bills are 0-4 and headed south in a hurry, their season is dangerously close to being considered over. What do you expect with Kevin Costner as head coach? Anyway, at that point, there is no reason they won't use McGahee more extensively to see if they can depend on him going forward. There were grumblings in the offseason that the Bills felt secure in dealing a first round draft choice in the 2005 draft to move up and select quarterback J.P. Losman because they believed they could get it back through a trade of Henry this offseason. If the Bills keep losing, Henry's role could gradually decrease.

YEAH! I just added McGahee...Keep losing Bills.
;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: any henry updates?

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:05 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I have to wonder about everyone that is asking where Travis Henry's numbers are... Was no one paying attention during the pre-season when we talked constantly about he would be a huge disappointment this year? Did everyone just think that Willis McGahee got drafted in 99% of leagues for laughs?

Travis Henry is not a dissappointment because of Mcgahee, it's the Buffalo offense in general..... they're terrible. If and when Mcgahee gets his chance as the starter in this offense, I don't see him producing much better than Henry.

Their O-line sucks so bad that I've considered playing defensive matchups versus anyone playing Buffalo. They give up about 5 sacks a game, Drew Bledsoe turns the ball over about 3 times a game because of this, and they stack the line against Travis every game because there is no reason to respect Bledsoe. All defenses have to do is to put coverage on Mould's and stack the line against the run. It took Buffalo several weeks before they got Lee Evans involved as a deep weapon, but he alone is not enough win games for that team.

Recipe for playing the Bill's:

Step 1: Double cover Mould's
Step 2: Stack the Line
Step 3: Blitz
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk