any henry updates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

any henry updates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:11 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see the Bills try to do some three step drop timing throws to somebody or maybe some Patriot-esque quick screens to Evans or Moulds. Maybe this will help beat the blitz and open up that line a litte bit. The Bills are going three and out almost every drive. These type of plays can advance the ball forward and sustain a drive. If they can make the opponent respect the pass (like they did when Moulds and Price collected 1,000 yard seasons), "maybe" the running game can really get going.

Whatever they are doing right now just isn't working. It's time for a shakeup. Mularkey is known as a good offensive mind, so he should know what is beating him and how to adjust to it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: any henry updates?

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:13 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I have to wonder about everyone that is asking where Travis Henry's numbers are... Was no one paying attention during the pre-season when we talked constantly about he would be a huge disappointment this year? Did everyone just think that Willis McGahee got drafted in 99% of leagues for laughs?

Travis Henry is not a dissappointment because of Mcgahee, it's the Buffalo offense in general..... they're terrible. If and when Mcgahee gets his chance as the starter in this offense, I don't see him producing much better than Henry.

Their O-line sucks so bad that I've considered playing defensive matchups versus anyone playing Buffalo. They give up about 5 sacks a game, Drew Bledsoe turns the ball over about 3 times a game because of this, and they stack the line against Travis every game because there is no reason to respect Bledsoe. All defenses have to do is to put coverage on Mould's and stack the line against the run. It took Buffalo several weeks before they got Lee Evans involved as a deep weapon, but he alone is not enough win games for that team.

Recipe for playing the Bill's:

Step 1: Double cover Mould's
Step 2: Stack the Line
Step 3: Blitz

I agree.

Nearly all of McGahee's carries have come when Henry was injured. The whole McGahee argument was completely blown out of proportion during the preseason. He hasn't done anything thus far, and Buffalo's anemic offense has halted both backs' chances of producing. A the end of the year when Buff was out of the playoffs was when I expected it to be McGahee time, and I stand by that assumption.

I am really hoping for a Henry turnaround, but I don't see it coming. The Bills dont have the line to give him his numbers, and the schedule isn't helping either. As the season winds down, they drift farther and farther from the competition. And as I mentioned before, this is when they will utilize our friend Willis. Expect Buffalo to work him into their gameplan more and more, in preparation for giving him feature back status next year.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk