Thomas Jones... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones...

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:22 pm

can you guys please tell me who will do better when the year ends Thomas Jones - Rb for Bears or Ahman Green - Rb for Packers?

can u guys please please please scared.gif fill me in with stuff about thomas jones and tell me if i should sell him now for like a ahman green type player? yes or no !!!

;-D ;-D

:-t :-t

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thomas Jones...

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:34 pm

sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:can you guys please tell me who will do better when the year ends Thomas Jones - Rb for Bears or Ahman Green - Rb for Packers?

can u guys please please please scared.gif fill me in with stuff about thomas jones and tell me if i should sell him now for like a ahman green type player? yes or no !!!

;-D ;-D

:-t :-t

Didn't you just post a topic like this that got eaten by the webhamster b/c it belongs in the trade forum?

If this were a hypothetical, I would say that Thomas Jones is now playing for a doomed offense, that will be back to its old self (meaning playing from WAY behind) and cannot afford to pound the ball... (See Kevan Barlow)

And I would also tell you that Ahman is facing the same problem recently b/c of the swiss cheese defensive line that Green Bay has without Grady Jackson... Teams have been able to run all over GB, which means they are often playing from behind, and equally often playing with a deficit in terms of time of possession... Neither of those things are good for a RB... Now, the return of Jackson should help clog up the holes in their run D, and if they can get their act together in their secondary, GB should not be having to give up on the run half way through the first quarter anymore...

Add to that the fact that for several games running they have been trying out the "let Brett win it" strategy, and it is NOT working anymore, so they have probably figured out that a bad day for Ahman means a loss for the Pack...

I think Ahman Green is FAR more valuable than Thomas Jones... I think Ahman Green is bound to rebound (he plays better as the season goes on, too)... So, if you could trade Jones for Green, I would do it in a heartbeat....

In theory... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wizbang » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:20 pm

theory....

GB has solid options when the fall behind. Favre can take games over and essentially remove Green from the gameplan. Duh Bears have no such options. Thomas Jones will see the ball on the ground and through the air no matter how far behind they fall. Contrasting this is the fact that GB should be in the red zone far more frequently than the Bears and their team has a lot more promise as far as turning things around.

Slight edge to Ahman based on history.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Navyseal » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:13 pm

I'm with Plindsey here... sorry to see the bag, btw... anyone who has readmy opines since preseason knows I didn't like the over-hyped Barlow or TJ this year, and didn't see Ahman repeating his career season of last year. That said, Green SHOULD outperform Jones the rest of the way considering Bears are dropping more like flies, especially the o-line.
Green will be OK and I expect the Pack to bounce back.

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)
Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST --

Warner, Delhomme
Deuce, Rudi J., Moe Will, Pittman, Bell, Moore
CJ, Plaxico, Wayne, Curry, Colbert
Gates
Akers, Elam
NE D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk