Michael Bennett when he returns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bennett when he returns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bennett when he returns?

Postby T-DIDDY » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:38 am

How do you guys think Bennett will do upon his return? Somebody actually dropped him in my league :-B . I couldn’t believe it. The guy who dropped him is new to our league and we all thought he would suck, although, he is currently in 2nd place behind me. His true colors are coming out. He dropped Bennett for Stecker. He did it because he did not have a running back to start this week (he is playing me ;-D ). His other RB’s are James, E.Smith, & O.Smith. I don’t know why he didn’t drop one of the Smiths or even one of his tight ends, but I’m not complaining. I immediately dropped Griffin for him. Should I have dropped MaGahee??? I know that is for a different forum, so you don’t have to answer that…
The real question is… What do you guys project Bennett’s stats to be when he finally returns???

My Team:
McNabb / Big Ben / Vinny T.
Harrison / Moulds / Stallworth / Boldin
Taylor / T. Jones / Bennett / Moore / McGahee
Graham / Witten
ATL / NYJ
Stover / Tynes

Scoring:
1pt - reception
1pt - every 10 yds rushing/receiving
5pt - over 100 yds rush/receiving
6pt - TD
9pt - TD over 40yds

We start 1QB- 1RB- 1WR- 2RB/WR- 1TE- 1DE- 1K
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:58 am

I think Bennett will put up similiar stats to what O.Smith and M.Moore did in their starts. Around 90-100 rushing yards per game and 50-70 receiving yards per game with not many TD's.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Rick James » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:11 am

Bennett will return, get a bout 4 carries, probably average 4-5 yds per carry and then hurt his knee again. They guy is softer than Charmin.
Rick James
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fishsauce9 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:53 am

I have Bennett, in fact i took him in round 3. I've waited on him all season only to be dissapointed in the preseason when he got hurt, and dissapointed again when he got hurt again just prior to when he was scheduled to return. From what i've been hearing, he feels good, but if he isn't back within the next 3 weeks, i'm giving up on him. MIN has too many talented RBs to have to rely on him....
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby marcusallen » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:51 pm

I, too have MB, and can join into the frustration.

The way I see it, I'm doing well w/o him, and he will need a couple games to get into groove, and come yr. end and playoffs, I expect him to help put me over the top.

When he returns, I can then deal Suggs or Pittman in a package for another top WR, I believe.

But yeah, I may never draft Mr. porcelin again.
Please help me with mine, thanks!

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=758243#758243
marcusallen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wizbang » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:57 pm

Tice is in an interesting position. He has essentially proved that any RB will thrive in that offense (including Moe who exploded for much of last year). OS looks the best but he's a risky guy with his off the field issues. Since Tice knows that even Mewelde will do well why make OS your feature when he's such a risk. The same can be said to an extent with Bennett and his injuries. If I'm him, I go RBBC and make sure I'm covered every which way... ticking off fantasy owners along the way (insert sinister grin).
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Siggyfawn » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:00 pm

If you think the Denver RB situation is bad, this one is a mess. Unless you want to grab 3-4 minn RBs, it's probably not worth the hassel. Smith is coming back in what 3 weeks, so it Bennett, Williams is getting health, and Moore who did a great job. I can't see one person taking charge, and if you ask me its probably equal chance between all 4 with the edge going to smith.
Siggyfawn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:12 pm

You gotta take into consideration the injury risk that Michael Bennett poses. I really doubt that if he'll play for more than 40-50% of the season especially with that many good, competing rb's surrounding him.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheOmen » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:48 pm

I have all 4 Minne RBs...I hope to hell one of them is named THE starter when they come back. I think Tice will name Bennett the starter, but play Smith 5-7 carries a game, and make Moe the third down back.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mad_llama » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:00 pm

i think after their bye week it will be rbbc. too many runners on one team. just like moe and bennett for a while last year
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk