BRANCH

Postby MAC » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:59 am

IS HE PLAYING THIS WEEK
MAC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:10 am

We don't know yet.... The folks up in New England have been very tight lipped about that situation, and still have not even really told us how severe the injury is... So, I doubt that they are going to start now... If I were you, I wouldn't expect an answer to that question until Sunday Morning....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MAC » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:17 am

Figures, I live in Boston and cant get any info, I need to play him with Harrison on a bye...

Do you know any "sleeper" recievers????

Thanks
MAC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:26 am

I have Deion Branch on my roster too. I really need him back. He was supposed to work his way back into some playing time 2 weeks ago!

My guess is there is something the Patriots are not telling us. I think Deion is the best receiver on their team. People say that he isn't missed that much because Givens has stepped up. I think Branch would be doing better than Givens if he was playing.

Hopefully, they are just taking the "better safe than sorry" approach to getting Deion back in because they are winning. Unless they have been lying about his knee, he should be able to come back anytime.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:26 am

MAC wrote:Figures, I live in Boston and cant get any info, I need to play him with Harrison on a bye...

Thanks

Sleepers?

Lee Evans maybe, Clayton of TB, Curry, Colbert (i guess is probably gone)...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:38 am

MAC wrote:Figures, I live in Boston and cant get any info, I need to play him with Harrison on a bye...

Thanks

It's hard to say who is a sleeper at this point in the season... Because it's hard to know who has already been picked up in your league... Some guys you might look for are:

Keary Colbert
Reche Caldwell
Lee Evans
Randy Hymes
Marcus Robinson
Michael Clayton
David Patten
Andre Davis
Ronald Curry
Curtis Conway
Cedric Wilson
Derrick Armstrong
Brandon Lloyd

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:41 am

I was reading somewhere (an ESPN column I think?) that the Patriots are concealing an ACL injury. That was the author's suspicion at least. That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me since they would've placed him on IR so they can sign another player, but who knows. If that's the truth, that's a really screwed up thing for that organization to do. Branch was looking good after that week 1 game too.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:24 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I was reading somewhere (an ESPN column I think?) that the Patriots are concealing an ACL injury. That was the author's suspicion at least.

I heard the same suspicion. I think either on Inside the NFL or on Totally Football. They could have been regurgitating what you read, though. I think the reasoning was that Branch's MRI's were less than conclusive and nothing would be forthcoming before another round of tests and opinions.
I am not optimistic. And with NE's success without him, I'm afraid his value is next to nothing right now. I'm very close to dropping Branch. Even when (if) he comes back, who's to say he'll be much more valuable fantasy-wise than Givens or Patten or Graham. I think that if you drop Branch, just keep your ears open. He'll still be a FA if we get good news. Even in the deeper leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him up now in the midst of byes.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:40 pm

Chopper wrote:I think that if you drop Branch, just keep your ears open. He'll still be a FA if we get good news. Even in the deeper leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him up now in the midst of byes.

That's my thinking this week. With Wayne on bye and SMoss questionable, I'm gonna have to cut bait on Branch and grab a replacement. But I had Branch as a breakout candidate on draft day and, if this ailment turns out to be temporary, would look at snatching him back up in a week or two. This looks like the best time of year to sneak him through waivers.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:11 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:
Chopper wrote:I think that if you drop Branch, just keep your ears open. He'll still be a FA if we get good news. Even in the deeper leagues, it would be hard to justify picking him up now in the midst of byes.

That's my thinking this week. With Wayne on bye and SMoss questionable, I'm gonna have to cut bait on Branch and grab a replacement. But I had Branch as a breakout candidate on draft day and, if this ailment turns out to be temporary, would look at snatching him back up in a week or two. This looks like the best time of year to sneak him through waivers.
I too am an anxious Branch owner and was very happy with his first game performance. I thought he was on his way to a very solid year as a nice #2 WR.

Here's my .02 on the injury. I doubt if it's a torn ACL, there would simply be no reason for them to keep him active if it was. I think his injury is more severe than they are letting on but think that he could be back for a playoff run. If they place him on IR, he's done for the year. This way, they can rest him, let him heal and have him back for the playoffs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk