Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:15 pm

The latest:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

Patriots: Branch doubtful again

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, October 13, 2004

News
Deion Branch is listed as doubtful for this weekend's matchup with the Seahawks. Branch is still recovering from an unspecified knee injury suffered in week two when he was hit awkwardly in the knee trying to make a tackle after an interception. The team's official website indicates he missed a portion of team practice on Wednesday.

Views
Bill Belichick is legendary for providing as little information as possible about injuries, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that Branch's injury is serious. He is likely to sit out this week, which will be the third straight game he has missed, and it has now been four weeks since he originally suffered the injury. We'll pass on any more information we hear, but at this point we have no reason to believe Branch will return to action in the near future.
I'm putting him back on waivers closer to the weekend. Something bad is wrong.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:56 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I was reading somewhere (an ESPN column I think?) that the Patriots are concealing an ACL injury. That was the author's suspicion at least. That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me since they would've placed him on IR so they can sign another player, but who knows. If that's the truth, that's a really screwed up thing for that organization to do. Branch was looking good after that week 1 game too.

i think we all saw the same article and it was at the bottom of a fanball report. The article was about the Comwboys exposing the giants for the frauds that they are.

It was a THEORY about Branchs possible tear to a muscle...Thats why the patriots singed another wr a week after branchs injury.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chopper » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:18 am

More news, but not any more helpful. I think this confirms that he isn't worth a roster spot any longer.
As quoted at footballdiehards.com:
Meanwhile, head coach Bill Belichick was adamant Friday that injured wide receiver Deion Branch would not be lost for the season. Brach has not seen the field in nearly four weeks since he suffered a knee injury during the first half Sept. 19 against Arizona. Belichick equated the situation to that of rookie tight end Benjamin Watson, who was placed on the injured reserve Sept. 29 with a knee injury.

Unlike Watson, Belichick expects Branch to return.

"If I wasn't then I don't think it would be a good thing for him to be active," Belichick said. "Ben Watson, I don't think he would be back this year, so he is on injured reserve. If I thought he was going to be back he might not be on injured reserve."

Branch is again listed as doubtful on the injury repot after missing portions of team practice for the third straight day.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hammerwx » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:40 am

Watson to IR was a huge shock to me when it happened. NE hid how serious the injury was.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk