I know that Gammons is a Boston honk but.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I know that Gammons is a Boston honk but....

Moderator: Football Moderators

I know that Gammons is a Boston honk but....

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:44 pm

I know that Peter Gammons loves the Red Sox and doesn't even pretend to hide it, but did anyone catch his Sportscenter wrap up from game one of the ALCS. He so had Schilling's back....err...ankle that it was ridiculous. Homerism is one thing but he doesn't even pretend to hide it. Jeesh, Boston doesn't need a PR dept., they've already got a network guy.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I know that Gammons is a Boston honk but....

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:15 am

MadScott wrote:I know that Peter Gammons loves the Red Sox and doesn't even pretend to hide it, but did anyone catch his Sportscenter wrap up from game one of the ALCS. He so had Schilling's back....err...ankle that it was ridiculous. Homerism is one thing but he doesn't even pretend to hide it. Jeesh, Boston doesn't need a PR dept., they've already got a network guy.

I can say one thing...er make it two. I hate the Yankees, and after my first year of playing fantasy baseball I can say I hate the Red Sox. Why might you ask?

Well being that I had to pay more attention to baseball this year, and what was going on, I continually had watch Sportscenter, and their Baseball tonight show. I swear all they would talk about was Boston. Boston this, Boston that. How they were totally out of it at the all star break...and yadda yadda yadda. Just when I think that their fianally going to stop talking about Boston they go on their amazing run to almost catch th Yankees, and that's all anybody could talk about again!!. The Red Sox this, the Red Sox that....basically the Red Sox are the media's little darlings, and it annoys the hell out of me.

I'm hoping that the Yankees beat the Red Sox, and then lose in the World Series to the Cardinals.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:41 am

Watching SportCenter you would think that the only 2 teams in MLB were the Sox and Yanks and that this rivalry is the most intense one in baseball.

I have to admit that this year it has been intense and exciting but overall don't the Sox need to win a few for it to be a rivalry?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk