CJ sends gifts to Cleveland DBs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

CJ sends gifts to Cleveland DBs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

CJ sends gifts to Cleveland DBs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:27 pm

Johnson sends Browns message and bottle

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Chad Johnson played his idea of a sick joke on the Cleveland Browns. The Cincinnati Bengals' brash wide receiver, known for his quick feet and bold predictions, sent each of Cleveland's four defensive backs a care package containing a handwritten note and a bottle of pink Pepto Bismol.

"I think some of the guys are taking it personal," said Browns cornerback Daylon McCutcheon, who got a good laugh out of Johnson's gesture. "But I think for the most part, he (Johnson) is not an in-your-face guy. He just likes to have fun. He enjoys playing football. He's a jokester."

Hardy, har, har. At 2-3, the Browns, who host Cincinnati on Sunday, are already feeling queasy enough about their season that they might not find the joke very funny.

But that wasn't going to stop Johnson, who smiled when asked about his little prank intended for the medicine cabinet and not the bulletin board.

"I sent all the Browns DBs some Pepto Bismol, to cure them of their sickness," said Johnson, who added that the joke was a new one from his bag of tricks. "They're going to get tired of covering me."

Inside McCutcheon's box, Johnson tossed in a note that said: "Daylon, Just wanted to add a little color and relief to your week. All the best, Chad."

Anthony Henry, Robert Griffith and Earl Little also received FedEx deliveries from Johnson.

The fourth-year wideout personalized each package, signing the notes and including his No. 85 next to his signature.

As if the Browns needed the reminder. Two years ago, Johnson guaranteed a win over Cleveland and the Bengals backed his boast up by beating the Browns 27-20. Johnson had four catches for 103 yards, including a 72-yard TD.

Last season, Johnson had the first two-touchdown game of his career as the Bengals defeated the Browns 21-14.

This season, Johnson has just one TD catch — in the season opener — but has been double-covered more than before and opposing secondaries have made sure he doesn't get behind them deep.

Johnson, who led the AFC with 1,355 yards last season, says the Browns tend to isolate their cornerbacks, and he's hoping they try to cover him with just one defender.

"I see a lot of man-to-man on all the film I've watched this year, then every time I get out there, it's something different," he said. "Hopefully I will get what I'm seeing on the film and be able to expose that."

McCutcheon has no, er, ill feelings toward Johnson and said he's keeping the package in perspective.

"He's a good guy," McCutcheon said. "We have a good relationship off the football field. He's a character. He likes to keep the game fun, and that's the way it should be. It's about competition, but he likes to express themselves."

So, will McCutcheon be sending anything to Cincinnati the next few days labeled: Chad Johnson, One Paul Brown Drive, Cincinnati?

"Nah," he said. "I'm just going to go play on Sunday."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:32 pm

Lol, he's too overconfident. I have a feeling someone's going to take his head off Sunday. And maybe the Browns might beat the Bengals B-)
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:45 pm

That guy is awesome. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:45 pm

Ouch :-b

Maybe he could send a package on down my way ;-7 ...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:57 pm

He better have a big game, I need him to step up for my team.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:03 pm

thats great. although i have nothing against TD celebrations, this is a better way to get cocky, this way you can tell its all in good fun.

;-D
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:10 pm

That's funny sh1t right there man. ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:30 pm

Thats hilarious, I imagine I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Cleveland defensive back. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:54 pm

good old CJ ;-D

w/o his craziness the season wouldnt be the same. Glad he's at least doing something, the bengals need a jumpstart
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:42 pm

haha thats awesome. I can see the dbs going out of their way to hit CJ this week.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk