Culpepper's ridiculous value!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper's ridiculous value!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby arrbez » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:25 am

sadly, it'll probably be like a 9-6 final and everyone starting marcus robinson and brandon stonkely will get burned huge
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:11 am

In my league, C-Pepp has 133 points so far and Manning has 132.

Not much of a difference.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bmhowe » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:33 am

In my league, C-Pepp has 133 points so far and Manning has 132.

Yes, but C-Pepp has had his bye week already. Speaking as a Manning owner, though, I do like his consistency. His TDs per game: 2,2,5,2,3. Culpepper's TDs per game: 5,1,3,5. Well, OK, Culpepper only had one game with 1 TD, but surely he can't keep having 5 TD weeks!

One thing that separates Manning from Culpepper is their team: it seems like Edge is much more likely to get the TDs (and runs) if Indy is ahead in the game. Manning has 10 1st half TDs this year and only 4 2nd half TDs. I haven't done the same analysis for C-Pepp, but my hunch is that it is more even than that since they don't run the ball as much.
bmhowe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:42 am

I forgot about the bye weeks. Let's hope C-Pepp does crappy this week and evens out the stats (I'm playing Culpepper..ugh).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:07 am

Free Bagel wrote:Eh, I played the guy with Culpepper this week and even with his insane week I beat him. My QB was Carr, who nearly kept up and I got off the WW.

At every other position, he was one round behind.

I didn't play the person who had C-pep, but I had about 10 more points because, as noted, I was a round ahead at every other position. What Manning and C-pep have been doing is crazy, but in the long run, I think I'll win more games because my team is balanced (no superstars here, but no stinkers in my lineup on any bye weeks so far).

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby redwings122 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:10 am

he is an amazing player to say the least. wouldn't be where i was in the standings without him!!
redwings122
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Algierine » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:37 pm

On the eve of my money league draft this past summer, I traded Vick and a 2nd round pick (turned out to be C-Mart) for Pep.

And I'm still laughing! ;-D

2004 CCFL Champion
Algierine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby canned fuego » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:02 pm

I was playing the guy in my league who had C Pep, until he traded him midweek to another owner for Vick, CMart, and Crumpler. I won 104-50.
canned fuego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:28 pm

I played the guy who had Culpepper in the MIKL and lost probably because of that. He had like 35 pts or something. I ended up losing by like 12 or 15.

I have him in my primary money league (see sig). He will be the best fantasy QB this year no doubt. He is top pt scorer right now and hasn't has already had his bye week.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby EthnicFury » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:11 am

purestrength wrote:I still think Manning will end up with better stats than Culpepper.

Manning could throw for 400 yards a game if he didn't have to give the rock to Edge once in a while.

about 3 out of 4 of manning's big throws come on play action. He's one of the best PA sellers in the league, which is a huge part of why he's so effective. Of course, he's still deadly accurate and can rattle off every facet of the playbook like it was the ABC's, but without edge or a comparable runner he'd see the quarter D all game long...and the book on manning is that it bothers him more to have 8 guys out in coverage than being under pressure...every time you see a IND game on TV the announcers bring that up.

And I realize that you weren't being completely serious, just trying to make a point about the play action
If somebody hits you with an object you should beat the hell out of them.-Charles Barkley
EthnicFury
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Football Talk