Am I Crazy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I Crazy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I Crazy...

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:46 pm

Hey I just want to know if the Saints have a shot versus the Vikings. Is it me or do the Saints still have a playoff chance? Just a lonely soul dreamin for big things for da Saints... ;-)

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pappymojo » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:58 pm

yeah, they have a shot to beat the Vikings, but anyones guess is as good as mine. If they play good this week, they'll probably suck the week after. Brooks is wildly inconsistent. Stallworth is a bit of a faker. Horn is legit but always seems to be playing through injuries. Deuce is the man, and really the strength of the team and he's been hurt. He's back. They could go anywhere. Plus their defense is talented but kind of crazy.

I think they need a coaching change. A tough no bullshit guy to come in and whip them into shape. anyone who bitches too much gets kicked to the curb. Seriously. They're talented but way too up and down.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cbrowns » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:03 pm

I think Parcells could come in and win a super bowl in his first year with that talented team.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Am I Crazy...

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:53 am

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:Hey I just want to know if the Saints have a shot versus the Vikings. Is it me or do the Saints still have a playoff chance? Just a lonely soul dreamin for big things for da Saints... ;-)

You're not crazy. Remember the Vikings are playing ON THE ROAD. That's the thing here. Vikes traditionally (over the past few years) have had a very difficult time on the road. Take last week for instance. They barely escaped Houston with a victory while at one point in the 4th quarter the score was 28-14 with only 8 minutes left. I could see New Orleans winning this game.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:56 am

I think they have a shot. It's going to be a high scoring game in my opinion. They have to keep it close and pull it out in the end. I don't see the Saints in a romp that's for sure.

But I wouldn't be too surprised if the Saints eeked out a win. If Deuce is healthy and is solid, and with the Vikings giving up yards and points, anything is possible.

A great game for fantasy.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:51 am

cbrowns wrote:I think Parcells could come in and win a super bowl in his first year with that talented team.

Would he get to bring a defense with him?

If the Saints win, it'll be by putting up an insane number of points. Heck, they could put up an insane number and lose. Wish I had more than one fantasy player in this one.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dalej » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah, you're crazy
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:55 am

The Saints COULD win it, but in order to do so, they'd have to put up like 50 points... Minnesota is going to stomp that defense...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:18 pm

New Orleans making the playoffs is highly unlikely, even before their mediocre season I didn't have much faith in them.

However in the parity filled NFL its too hard to count a team like the Saints out at this point, they are still in the playoff race, and they still have a shot at winning this game.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheOmen » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:45 pm

Saints win if Deuce has 30 carries. Thats about the only way. Slow down the game a bit.
Deuce needs a huge game, for me and the Saints.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk