Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:54 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:There is no way this year's saints make the playoffs :,-(

Well, in past years, they have been good up until the end, and then sucked it up enough at the end to miss the playoffs... Maybe they are trying a new strategy....

Suck until week 7, and then rifle off the last 8 or 9 to get in....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:56 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:
cbrowns wrote:I think Parcells could come in and win a super bowl in his first year with that talented team.

Would he get to bring a defense with him?

If the Saints win, it'll be by putting up an insane number of points. Heck, they could put up an insane number and lose. Wish I had more than one fantasy player in this one.

worked for the chiefs...

Anyways, Parcells inherited a darned good defense. This year they have problems, but they lost 2 starters in the secondary (come back, Woodson... what's the story on him, anyways?) But Dallas's D was #1 overall last year.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Teck » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Yeah I don't think your crazy at all man.. very good chance, and cpep isn't playin in his dome..
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:02 pm

Saints have no direction or identity as a team. Sometimes they try to ball control, sometimes air it out, sometimes they play defense, more often they don't . . .They have some talent at the skill positions, but they are way too inconsistent. A coaching change is inevitable, and hopefully it will do them some good. Jimmy Johnson, your table is waiting.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:16 am

ive thought every year that the saints would be contenders with so much talent on offense...and every year they choke. they wont make the playoffs, but i def think they have a shot at beating the vikings. im on the bandwagon with thinking this will be a shootout. i give them a 30-70 chance.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadxor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:33 am

the only people that say the saints have a chance at the playoffs are people who look at the team on paper. obviously, if you look at how terribly disciplined this team is it's apparent that they're not going anywhere. i'd be delighted with seven wins

the defense underachieves, the offensive line commits as many penalties as any other, and they play with absolutely no heart or passion. brooks will put up fantastic numbers one game only to stumble the next; he is, essentially, the perfect example of a player who puts up great numbers yet fails to produce for his team. he puts up the yardage and tds and completion percentage, but he never does enough to lead his team to victories. he chokes under pressure far too often for my tastes. what pisses me off though is that he'll be on one quarter and off the next. i saw an interesting stat once, which i cannot confirm, where he was 0-8 after huge games. make that 0-9 after the performance two weeks ago (following a triumphant st louis game, where he played tremendously.) he's terribly inconsistent and gets rattled, a sign of his mental weakness

fortunately, there is stuff to look forward to. i love watson and grant's performances so far, and of course mckenzie is gonna make a huge impact. the big threat in the secondary is something we've been lacking for years. the defense can only improve if sullivan gets on the damn treadmill. im still on though young bandwagon.. i think he's a terribly underrated player and i love his locker room influence. that d-line has the ability to be the best in the league; honestly, within a year or two, im expecting it to be. unfortunately, that's not happening this year, at this pace.

there's a chance they can turn it around, and they'll probably tease us with a couple good games, but any saints fan with eyes wide open can take those with a grain of salt.

so, yeah, you're a saints fan. you should realize that we have no chance this year. wanna know why?

we're da damn aints :-t
[img] http://www.neworleanssaints.com/photos/roster/players/Brooks_Aaron.jpg[/img]

hey, at least he isn't heath shuler
chadxor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:11 am

Man I hear u chadxor. I look forward to every season, but what do they do but choke. This damn well are the Aints, and I'm gettin sick of them underachieving. But hey wat can a fan do, but hope for the best. ;-D

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chadxor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:16 am

derrick johnson HERE WE COME BABY. or at least ahmad brooks

god knows they'll probably draft rodrigue wright anyway.
[img] http://www.neworleanssaints.com/photos/roster/players/Brooks_Aaron.jpg[/img]

hey, at least he isn't heath shuler
chadxor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk