How high does Faulk go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How high does Faulk go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Adlaw » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:22 pm

I think he has something to prove. As does Warner, so I'd say 1+1=2000 apy & 18-20 tds.
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:22 pm

He's the first guy you draft period.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drunkenmonkey » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:05 pm

Faulk goes after Ricky and LT2. If I knew he was going to play this year like I think he will play this year, I'd take him number one, but since there is still a question mark after last year, he drops to third.

Regardless, if you don't have a pick in the top five, you shouldn't get him. If he falls to you after that, it is a HUGE steal.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poobah » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:27 pm

I think an argument could be made for him anywhere between #3 and #5. Ricky and LT are ahead of him, and he's right in there with Portis and Deuce, and just ahead of Holmes, Alexander and Henry. I have him #4 behind Portis and ahead of Deuce, but that's today. :-)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby tylk » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:04 pm

This is a topic very dear to my heart right now. I draft 5th in our 10 team league and he would be my ideal selection at 1.05.
Problem is, paying attention to alot of antsports.com drafts and many sources, he seems to go 1.03 to 1.04 and in some drops to 5th. While I pray he will fall farther than likely from the tree, I also now have to pay attention to things like Holmes injury issues and the Portis talks.
The only sure thing is that LT2 and Ricky will be gone. After that, it is a craps shoot to what 1.03 and 1.04 will do, and if any buy into Holmes at full health, or Portis being huge, or Alexander being consistant, or Duece being at full health etc...
I think he will go 3rd honestly though. The St.Louis schedule is cake come playoff time and they have arguably the best O-line ni the Nfl with adding Turley. I will have to 'make due' with Holmes, Portis, Deuce or Alexander I fear ;)
Can always pray though :)
tylk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:47 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I say hes a top 2. No more injuries. Best O-line. A 7-9 schedule. Shades of '00 come dancing in my head (2200+ all purpose yds, 25+ TDs). Faulk wins fantasy leagues. ;-D

Vermeil set the table for some great Rams teams, and Martz reaped those benefits. But those days are over. Martz makes poor decisions on the field, he makes poor decisions regarding the NFL draft, and he does not have the talent he had a few years ago. The Rams schedule is also not as easy as you might think.

Although a nice guy, I think Warner will be a bust, and Faulk is a lot older than most people realize. In other words, the wheels are coming off.

Join us in the future. A lot of you won fantasy leagues with Faulk as your #1 honcho in the past, but it's time to move forward.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk