Hambrick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hambrick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hambrick

Postby Eraus » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:33 am

The Cowboys are going to run the ball. Bill Parcels can motivate players better than most. So does this make Hambrick a quality backup or a reach. I haven't heard anything about Dallas bringing in any other RB's. What do you guys think?
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party never ends!
Eraus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Putt4eagle » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:53 am

He has shown some flashes over the last two years. It is make or break. But I think your assessment that he will be a good back up to be a little low. I see him starting as the number two back in many leauges. There is a steep drop in the talent pool at RB after the 7th pick. I can see a lot of guys rolling the dice on him. Especially those "short bus" types who took a WR or QB in the second round when he is left with the A-Train and James Stewart. These two guys are proven comodities. Ham is a wild card. I think the key to success in the second third and sleeper RBs is too look at the O-line. Dallas' O-line ain't much to write home about.
Oiler coach Bum Phillips: When asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded, "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss goodbye."
Putt4eagle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:02 am

I think Hammy will be a solid 3rd rb, but maybe a bit of a reach for 2nd one. He should end up being a top 30 rb i think.

Friendliness: %

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:04 am

That one above was from me, i forgot to sign in
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Adlaw » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:13 pm

The Hamster's longevity is tied to his hands. Parcels likes screens and rb's in the flat. If he can catch the call and hold on to it. Bill will make him more valuable than his past has shown him to be.
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gojetz » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:52 pm

Bill Parcels has the ability to take a so so player and make him a good producer. I think Hambrick could be a solid 2nd or 3rd back. Dallas has QB questions so he will get his share of touches. After all who else does Dallas have?
Gojetz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:54 pm

I'm staying away from him. Reports have said that he's overweight, and I just don't want a player who's still sluggish.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:22 pm

I have also heard that he is overweight and that he has already clashed with Parcells because of it, is stay clear of him. let someone else have the hassle.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hwaterboys » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:34 pm

I personally wouldn't want him higher than my 3rd RB. Word is that parcells isn't too happy with hambrick. Parcells is very head strong. Hambrick is a HEAD CASE. Not sure how hambrick will fit in. How good can he be in dallas this year anyways with the offense that they have?
hwaterboys
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Juke » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:12 pm

Parcells is old school and loves to run the ball and eat clock. Hambrick will be solid backup and a possible starter later in the year.
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk