PBC Lions Vs Packers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Lions Vs Packers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:24 pm

Wow, as crap as the Packers are this year, this is essentially the exact same team Detroit fielded last year (probably no Roy or KJ), and I don't expect lightning to strike again like it did on Thanksgiving.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 pm

im in for the Packers. I have been this wearing this bad, for too long and need to get rid of it.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:14 pm

Isn't a PB Challenge against Packer-backers kind of like kicking sand in the face of the pale skinny dork at the beach? Not sure what my point is there...but if the sand fits wear it, Cheeseheads.
But since just like the Pack, Wisconsin has no sand, I suppose the a smartly adorned PB will have to suffice. And CC, PackAttack, and any Packerfans there are left, can I ask you opinion? Do you think I should change my sig to that old saying that I'm sure you all have grown up with:
The Pack is back in the back of the pack!
Kind of makes you home sick, doesn't it? Conjuring up images of when you were a child, eating Mom's cheese pie and downing some of Dad's Pabst Blue Ribbon before the game started. Ah memories. Funny how a little saying can bring it all back,eh? The Pack back in the back of the pack...just makes you feel at home. So put a little extra tin foil on the rabbit ears, grab some cheese pie, and steal some beer from your Dad. The Pack is back in the back of the pack. Here's to good times, boys. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:35 am

12 straight .500 or better seasons, I guess we have been a little spoiled.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:53 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:12 straight .500 or better seasons, I guess we have been a little spoiled.

Or the Favre era. And that's what bothers me. Favre can win any game, any week. Who was your QB before Favre? Who will it be after? Scarey times to be a Cheesehead.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Favre.com » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:32 pm

I'm in for the Pack. This is the week, trust me.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 pm

moochman wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:12 straight .500 or better seasons, I guess we have been a little spoiled.

Or the Favre era. And that's what bothers me. Favre can win any game, any week. Who was your QB before Favre? Who will it be after? Scarey times to be a Cheesehead.

So very true. The defence sucks, Rivera and Wahle are both FAs after this year, Ahman is a FA after next, Sherman is an awful coach, and Favre will probably retire. Not looking too good for the future. This is the first time I've ever envied the Lions. :-t
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Favre.com » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:53 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
moochman wrote:

So very true. The defence sucks, Rivera and Wahle are both FAs after this year, Ahman is a FA after next, Sherman is an awful coach, and Favre will probably retire. Not looking too good for the future. This is the first time I've ever envied the Lions. :-t

Well what happeend to all our draft picks? Where are these stud QBs and young RBs , I read an article on Davenport that stated he has the skills to surpass Ahman Green's talent, if given the opprotunity, but I don't know how true that is, sounds exaggerated. We need to draft Aaron Rogers, and I don't care how we do it, trade what you can to move up, just get him. Leinart is my fav but I see Rogers having a much better career.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:37 pm

It feels Great to get rid of this paper bad. Ahhhh :-)

Some Air :-)

We killed the Lions Today ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting