Denver RB

Postby meatwad10 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:00 pm

whos starting in denver?
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:10 pm

Oct 14 Head coach Mike Shanahan has decided who will get the majority of the carries for the Broncos this week against the Raiders, but he's not about to reveal his selection. "They're trying to get that out of me here, too," Shanahan told the Denver Post. "They'll both get a chance to play, that's for sure." Reuben Droughns started the last game for Griffin because of his sprained ankle, but Quentin practiced without incident on Wednesday.

Views: Since Shanahan took over in Denver, no team in the NFL has rushed for more yards. The Broncos' run game failed to produce in three of Griffin's four starts, while Droughns rambled for 193 yards in his. It certainly would make sense to use Droughns on first and second down, and in goal line situations, with the diminutive Griffin coming in as a change of pace. While we're speculating, Droughns is certainly the better start if only because he's more likely to carry inside the 10-yard line.

RBBC this week with Droughns getting the majority of the carries
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby meatwad10 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:13 pm

thx! guess im starting droughns
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:14 pm

MeShawn wrote:
Oct 14 Head coach Mike Shanahan has decided who will get the majority of the carries for the Broncos this week against the Raiders, but he's not about to reveal his selection. "They're trying to get that out of me here, too," Shanahan told the Denver Post. "They'll both get a chance to play, that's for sure." Reuben Droughns started the last game for Griffin because of his sprained ankle, but Quentin practiced without incident on Wednesday.

Views: Since Shanahan took over in Denver, no team in the NFL has rushed for more yards. The Broncos' run game failed to produce in three of Griffin's four starts, while Droughns rambled for 193 yards in his. It certainly would make sense to use Droughns on first and second down, and in goal line situations, with the diminutive Griffin coming in as a change of pace. While we're speculating, Droughns is certainly the better start if only because he's more likely to carry inside the 10-yard line.

Comeon MeShawn, thats not what it says. They are only speculating that Droughns will get the carries. At this point its still up in the air.

I have heard just a good of a case to have Griffin get the carries, b/c if Droughns goes to RB, they then have to use a TE at FB, thusly becoming weaker at 2 positions (FB and TE) just to have Droughns carry the load
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:20 pm

I'm thinking Droughns will start and get the majority as well.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Opinion Ape » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:26 pm

We need to decide the least likely move; that's what Shanny's gonna do. Frankly, maybe we should all be starting TD.
Opinion Ape
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby s0meguy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:54 pm

I'm betting Tatum Bell will get the majority of the carries because it's never who it is supposed to be. The week after that I bet they stick the QB2 in there and give him the rock.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:18 pm

I think that's why I'm going to start Mewelde Moore instead of Droughns this week, even though Droughns has much more TD potential, watching a RB (Moore) get 12 receptions last week was amazing.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:26 am

Flux wrote:
MeShawn wrote:

Comeon MeShawn, thats not what it says. They are only speculating that Droughns will get the carries. At this point its still up in the air.

I have heard just a good of a case to have Griffin get the carries, b/c if Droughns goes to RB, they then have to use a TE at FB, thusly becoming weaker at 2 positions (FB and TE) just to have Droughns carry the load

Im Pretty sure Kyle Johnson played FB when Droughns carried the load last week. He is there back up FR.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:59 am

Eaglesfan wrote:
Flux wrote:
MeShawn wrote:

Im Pretty sure Kyle Johnson played FB when Droughns carried the load last week. He is there back up FR.

I didnt see the game so you very well could be right. I did read that they were having to move the TE's around though during the game for blocking purposes and they were at FB on several occassions (how many I dont know)

I posted in another thread the following (which really doesnt bring much light to it

Flux wrote:In an article from http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,141 ... 01,00.html

It mentioned that Droughns would continue to be the primary kick returner for the Broncos.

Usually, if someone is a primary RB, they dont use them to return kicks for fear of injury or getting tired. Perhaps a clue?

The article in general seemed pro Droughns though and theorized that Griffin could be used as a change-of-pace back

Basically at this point, nobody really knows whats going on. Shanny still apparently is confident in Griffin, and somebody had mentioned that Griffin ran w/ the 1st team during practice, but they did not provide a link to any such evidence. Everything on all the websites has been mere speculation and I really dont think we will have an answer until game time
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk