Speak Up Undefeateds! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Speak Up Undefeateds!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:44 pm

5-0 here! I also, snagged Chris Brown in the 5th round and he is money for me. I also have C-Mart so I got really luck with my RB pics. I mean you can't do much better than S. Alexander, C. Brown, and C-Mart this year! I also picked up E. Johnson after week 2 and he has been money! Go luck to all the rest of u underfeated teams!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:16 pm

5-0 Twelve team head to head-
QB - Pennington/Carr
RB - Jamal Lewis, C Brown, S Davis, M Bennett, C Taylor
WR - T Owens, E Moulds, K Colbert, B Stokely, B Lloyd, C Horn
TE - E Johnson, D Graham
K Naeding
Def - Bills/Jacksonville

I got pretty lucky I traded Barlow and McCaerens for TO and Bennett in the preseason. I had Rodgers, dropped him for Colbert-

Stokely, E Johnson, D Graham, T Owens and Chris Brown have come up big for me so far- I also drafted Brown in the 8th and have been very active on the Waiver wire with defenses-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:27 pm

Im pretty sure I have the absolute ugliest 5-0 team you'll ever see.

standard public yahoo:

QB: Brees/Green
WR: RMoss/Holt/JSmith/RSmith
RB: CMart/Westbrook/Bennett/Pittman/CTaylor
TE: TGon/EJohnson
K: Feely
D: SEA

8-o

Yeah - no luck involved with this team - nope, none whatsoever. ;-7
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:31 pm

For some of these teams I can see why your undefeated, what kind of a league does Tiki go in the 15th, or Chris Brown in the 7th?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:For some of these teams I can see why your undefeated, what kind of a league does Tiki go in the 15th, or Chris Brown in the 7th?

It all depends on when you drafted... If you drafted during the pre-season, it really looked like Ron Dayne might be the starter in New York for a while there.... No way Tiki should have dropped THAT low, but I could see him dropping pretty far when Dayne was lighting things up... And if you drafted before the pre-season, I could see Chris Brown dropping that low... I could see that pretty easily, actually....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Yeah, Dayne actually went before Tiki in the preseason draft in my league. Of course, that guy is an idiot...

I owe all my wins to Randy Moss, LT, & Sweet Tiki Barber.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AGENT » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:19 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I would like to know how many undefeated teams do not have one of the following guys on their roster:

Culpepper
Manning
C. Brown
Martin
Barber
Walker
Wayne
A. Johnson
Gates
E. Johnson
D. Graham

ME!!!!!

I just picked up E Johnson thsi week. We dont use TE in our league
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby skinsfan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:27 pm

I have started 2-3, I know I shouldn't be here. The point is, this is in a money league (winner gets $85) and all owners are excellent (all have won either this league or others since 2000 dominantly) including me. These 5-0 teams are those who have been able to hit the WW quickly and have gotten lucky.

I owned my draft, getting Portis and Rudi, then Moulds and Mason, but I slipped on Rogers at 5th. I then took a great set of D-Men and Brooks in Rd7.

I can't take advantage of guys like EJohnson because I go to the Redskins games, so I don't get home usually until 10pm. The guys who are winning are those with C-Mart and those who took Culpepper "too early" in my opinion as well.

Who knows, maybe I'll just have to take a fall for once after always starting 7-2, 10-3, 4-2, 5-1, etc. in years past. I have never had a losing record until now. Will the strangeness continue?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby largetree » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:13 pm

Reason why i got chris brown so late (7th pick) and tiki barber (14th) was because im in a friends league going on 3 years now, same peeps. I had tiki my first year and did alright, and last year he was mr. fumble and lost me many games. So no one wanted to even touch him. It was a live draft, i kept hitting recommend button, and every time it said to pick barber. i was like "no way in hell". But i gave in and finally grabbed him. as for chris brown, me and one of my friends were the only ones in our league that knew chris brown was going to be good this year. The other friends hadn't a clue who he was. Was all in good for me.
largetree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk