The ESPY goes to... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The ESPY goes to...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The ESPY goes to...

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:52 pm

July 14, 2003

ESPN has formally announced the five nominees for this year's Best Play category for their annual awards extravaganza known as the ESPYs. The Falcons own Mike Vick was nominated for his 46-yard overtime touchdown run against the Vikings last December, which extended the Falcons unbeaten streak to eight games. Here's a short description of all five nominees and their plays:

Michael Vick - In overtime against the Minnesota Vikings, Michael Vick takes off on a sweep to the left and blows by the entire Vikings defense, barely touched for a 46-yard game winning TD.

Barry Bonds - In game 2 of the World Series, he crushes a homerun 485 ft into the night.

LeBron James - an amazing between the legs in the air dunk against Cleveland Villa Angela-St.Joseph.

Kobe Bryant - behind the back 360 degree dunk against Denver

Devery Henderson (LSU) - Game winning hail mary TD catch and run against Kentucky
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:03 pm

Hmm...my vote goes to Vick. I believe LeBron was wide-open for his dunk, so I don't think that deserves it. Kobe's dunk was sick, but I like Vick's run. Argh, but then again, that Hail Mary was just incredulous...I don't know!
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:39 pm

I hope the Hail mary gets it. If not then Vick.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:58 pm

i went 2-3 with a dble and a stolen base this weekend at a kickball tournament. does that count? :-B
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:05 pm

the hail mary was definately the best play, but id be surprised if vick didnt win it.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thelongestyard » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:33 pm

I really can not justify the hail mary catch as being the best play. Unless, of course, you want to give acclaim to a team in full celebration mode (gatorade dousing, high fives on and off field, etc) forgetting that you have to play the game til time runs out. Nice call by LSU, but the only thing that made the play great was the look on the faces of Kentucky players' faces when they realized they were celebrating an LSU victory. I guess the Vick run gets it out of these nominations. I feel there were exceptional plays that were more deserving, but can not pinpoint them at this time.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:56 am

terpfan wrote:the hail mary was definately the best play, but id be surprised if vick didnt win it.

Exactly.
BUT. If Vick had done it against ... er, I mean ...
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:47 am

My Vote would go to the Vick play. His instincts are incredible.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:04 pm

Slowkidz wrote:i went 2-3 with a dble and a stolen base this weekend at a kickball tournament. does that count? :-B

well I was all set to say vick will win, but then I read what slow did....hands down he has has to win...I mean kickball is a tough arse game!...lmao!!!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk