Lions-Open O. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Lions-Open O.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lions-Open O.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:56 pm

Tom Kowalski, Booth Newspapers

Every new coach talks about opening up the offense, but Mariucci might pull it off. With rookie speedster Charles Rogers starting at receiver, Mariucci will take his shots downfield. For the first time in years, the team has the speed at receiver to draw respect from defenses.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:03 am

Rogers, until his finger dislocation today, was catching everything thrown at him in camp. With his size and speed he could be a franchise type receiver. I just hope that he will be more consistent in the pros. At MSU I felt that he took a lot of plays off and dropped too many passes. Mariucci says he plans to throw a lot at Rogers early. It sounds like he wants him to be a big part of the offense. And you should know that here in Detroit, Tom ‘the killer’ Kowalski is a respected Lion’s insider, albeit a hopeless homer. He usually has an optimistic, yet insightful point of view. According to Tom ‘the killer’ Kowalski, Mariucci has the players attention and respect, something that Mornhinweg never seemed to have. I like the sound of that!
;-D ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:13 pm

I really think Rogers will excel for the Lions this year, he's high on my sleeper list.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Detroit Lions