T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR CIN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR CIN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Trap » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:54 pm

From CBS Sportsline

News: T.J. Houshmandzadeh will get the start in Week 6 at Cleveland opposite Chad Johnson.

Analysis: Houshmandzadeh is replacing Peter Warrick (knee, shin), who has been ruled out. The veteran is worth using as a No. 3 or 4 Fantasy receiver or 'flex' player in leagues of 12 or more teams.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kyle2270 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 am

I was hoping for some more imput. I am looking to drop Porter and pick this guy up, but I have not seen any of Cincy's games and do not know if he is just getting garbage time catches or what. Anyone know a little in depth of the cincy team?
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chadxor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 am

i'm interested too. he's put up some eyebrow rasing stats over the past couple weeks
[img] http://www.neworleanssaints.com/photos/roster/players/Brooks_Aaron.jpg[/img]

hey, at least he isn't heath shuler
chadxor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby miracle » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:35 am

yeah and if your league counts return yards i think he return kickoffs AND punts...rack em up
miracle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:10 am

With Warrick injured, and Chad Johnson getting double and triple teamed constantly, TJ has been getting a lot of looks from Carson Palmer and looks to be his 2nd favorite option on the team

As far as garbage time, almost the whole game as every game has been garbage time for the bengals :,-( but TJ should be a pretty decent play. He probably wont score but should get a lot of catches and decent yards
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby phunkadelic » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:41 am

kyle2270 wrote:I was hoping for some more imput. I am looking to drop Porter and pick this guy up, but I have not seen any of Cincy's games and do not know if he is just getting garbage time catches or what. Anyone know a little in depth of the cincy team?

I'm a TJ fan, but I would not drop Porter for him. We've discussed this a number of times already on this board. The general consensus is that he's a decent pick up if you have someone to drop, but don't expect too much out of him. Warrick is doubtful this week and will be at least on the injury report the rest of the year. Chad is ALWAYS double-teamed, the TEs are pathetic, Rudi can't catch very well, leaving whoever is #2 as a huge threat in Cincy. TJ's the man right now, but that could change. He's a very mobile guy that can make some great catches, and coach Lewis really likes him; however, he does have the nack to drop some easy balls more often than he should.

I'd suggest him most highly when the Bengals are going up against good competition and they'll have to play from behind. That's when TJ gets the most looks due to their inadequate TEs.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:46 am

He's a superstar right now for anyone who gets points for returns, as previously mentioned. I picked him up a few weeks ago and he's been a savior. Helped me win a couple of games and get to 3-1 in my competitive league.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Trap » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Would you start him over McCarriens this week? SMoss is nursing a sore leg and I may be one of the few hoping McCarriens still produces this year. But TJ does seem like a good play this week. I'm torn.. I would have to drop McCarriens and I'm pretty sure no one would pick him up.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:29 pm

I'd drop McCare in favor of TJ this week. With Cleveland focusing on CJ, TJ has a chance to get some good yards and a score or 2.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:50 pm

I picked up TJ today after I heard he'll be the # 2. A pretty good matchup this week plus next week they play Denver and Champ will be sticking to CJ all night.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk