Hey Pepsi... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Hey Pepsi...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:57 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I hate coke because I feel the need to brush my teeth everytime I drink it. Some sort of sugary film coats your teeth.

That's funny...I feel the same way any time I drink Pepsi. :-S

Actually, Cana and I were discussing this the other day. I told him the difference between Coke and Pepsi was that Pepsi makes your teeth feel like they are rotting away as you sit where Coke doesn't (as much).
I get it from all colas, but Coke seems the worst. If you grind your teeth it feels so weird when you have the film on it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:44 pm

Ya I know what you mean sweetness. and Coke doesnt have that big of a monopoly on retaurants. there have been tons of times when I ask for a coke and they say "is pepsi ok?"
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:06 pm

I don't really like Cola... I stick to Sprite, Mountain Dew, and Root Beer.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4480
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Dr.Pepper, I'll buy that if some hot female latino singer is nearby, because apparently they're all about the DP.


I'll go for that hot singer chick as well, but they can count me out of ANY sort of DP... 8-o
Well Define this DP
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:37 pm

Tiki wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Dr.Pepper, I'll buy that if some hot female latino singer is nearby, because apparently they're all about the DP.


I'll go for that hot singer chick as well, but they can count me out of ANY sort of DP... 8-o
Well Define this DP

Ummm...let's just say it's not a Cafe safe topic. O:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:08 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I hate coke because I feel the need to brush my teeth everytime I drink it. Some sort of sugary film coats your teeth.

That's funny...I feel the same way any time I drink Pepsi. :-S

Actually, Cana and I were discussing this the other day. I told him the difference between Coke and Pepsi was that Pepsi makes your teeth feel like they are rotting away as you sit where Coke doesn't (as much).
I get it from all colas, but Coke seems the worst. If you grind your teeth it feels so weird when you have the film on it.


Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?

I actually prefer Coke over Pepsi but Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke (and the wife has us drinking diet now so I guess I'm a converted Pepsi drinker).
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:15 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?


I could see this as being fact but don't they usually bottle it and then ship it out? :-?

I can honestly say that I have never seen a tanker with a soda logo on it...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:22 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?


I could see this as being fact but don't they usually bottle it and then ship it out? :-?


Good point, sorry. "Trailers". :)

I'm going off one of those "weird facts" emails, too, so I probably shouldn't word it as thought it's a fact. More like "I heard".
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:49 pm

and use devious marketing ploys (not that Coke doesn't too)


Coke used the lowest marketing ploy of all...

Having a New Coke (don't remember the name) that tastes like crap, then come out with Coca-cola Classic? I can't believe they made money off of that...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:04 pm

elaborating on gunslinger's point. I had a dentist hygienist guy come to my school a while back and he said cops use coke to take blood stains off of the road. Just a fun fact :-b
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:04 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact