Hey Pepsi... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hey Pepsi...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:57 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I hate coke because I feel the need to brush my teeth everytime I drink it. Some sort of sugary film coats your teeth.

That's funny...I feel the same way any time I drink Pepsi. :-S

Actually, Cana and I were discussing this the other day. I told him the difference between Coke and Pepsi was that Pepsi makes your teeth feel like they are rotting away as you sit where Coke doesn't (as much).
I get it from all colas, but Coke seems the worst. If you grind your teeth it feels so weird when you have the film on it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:44 pm

Ya I know what you mean sweetness. and Coke doesnt have that big of a monopoly on retaurants. there have been tons of times when I ask for a coke and they say "is pepsi ok?"
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:06 pm

I don't really like Cola... I stick to Sprite, Mountain Dew, and Root Beer.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Dr.Pepper, I'll buy that if some hot female latino singer is nearby, because apparently they're all about the DP.

I'll go for that hot singer chick as well, but they can count me out of ANY sort of DP... 8-o
Well Define this DP
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:37 pm

Tiki wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Dr.Pepper, I'll buy that if some hot female latino singer is nearby, because apparently they're all about the DP.

I'll go for that hot singer chick as well, but they can count me out of ANY sort of DP... 8-o
Well Define this DP

Ummm...let's just say it's not a Cafe safe topic. O:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:08 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I hate coke because I feel the need to brush my teeth everytime I drink it. Some sort of sugary film coats your teeth.

That's funny...I feel the same way any time I drink Pepsi. :-S

Actually, Cana and I were discussing this the other day. I told him the difference between Coke and Pepsi was that Pepsi makes your teeth feel like they are rotting away as you sit where Coke doesn't (as much).
I get it from all colas, but Coke seems the worst. If you grind your teeth it feels so weird when you have the film on it.

Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?

I actually prefer Coke over Pepsi but Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke (and the wife has us drinking diet now so I guess I'm a converted Pepsi drinker).
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:15 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?

I could see this as being fact but don't they usually bottle it and then ship it out? :-?

I can honestly say that I have never seen a tanker with a soda logo on it...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:22 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Did you guys realize that tanker trucks that carry colas have to use a "Corrosive" sign?

I could see this as being fact but don't they usually bottle it and then ship it out? :-?

Good point, sorry. "Trailers". :)

I'm going off one of those "weird facts" emails, too, so I probably shouldn't word it as thought it's a fact. More like "I heard".
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Manja » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:49 pm

and use devious marketing ploys (not that Coke doesn't too)

Coke used the lowest marketing ploy of all...

Having a New Coke (don't remember the name) that tastes like crap, then come out with Coca-cola Classic? I can't believe they made money off of that...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:04 pm

elaborating on gunslinger's point. I had a dentist hygienist guy come to my school a while back and he said cops use coke to take blood stains off of the road. Just a fun fact :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk