Ahman apparently has been hurting... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman apparently has been hurting...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman apparently has been hurting...

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:04 am

Forgive me for posting something I was unaware of..is this new news or something he's been hiding? Ahman's had an Achilles' Heel injury since the beginning of the year...

Yahoo player update thingy wrote:Oct 14 Green did not practice on Wednesday due to an Achilles' injury that coach Mike Sherman said has been bothering the running back most of the season, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports.
Recommendation: Green was listed as probable on the injury report, but is expected to play on Sunday. Sherman added that he wants Green, who has four fumbles in five games this season and 11 in his last 21 regular-season games, to get a better grip on the ball. "I've said many, many times in this room that to win football games you have to hang onto the football, and we haven't done a great job," Sherman said. "That's going to be a point of emphasis at the start of practice."

Oct 14 As a precaution, Green was held out of practice on Wednesday to rest his sore Achilles. The running back, who has been battling the minor ailment since the start of the season, is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions, and he is expected to be in the starting lineup.
Advice: Green had 247 yards and two touchdowns on 57 carries in the Packers' first two games of the 2004 campaign, but since, he's rushed for just 158 yards on 42 carries in his last three games combined. In addition, he has failed to reach the end zone since the team's regular-season opener, and he's fumbled four times this year, losing three.

Great, we have fumbling and a nagging injury to deal with...can you tell I own this guy? :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Count_Rugen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:00 am

I didn't know this either. Hmm.

On a related note, what say you all about Green this Sunday? Blase' or bangin?
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wizbang » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:46 am

Is Najeh Davenport still entrenched as Ahman Green's backup?
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lazers » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:58 am

I also own green and don't know who to grab as his back-up, Fisher usually sees time because he is a good reciever out of the backfield but Davenport is listed as the back-up but he is always hurt. Who would get most of the playing time if green went out?
"I'm Rick James B*%$#"
lazers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:31 am

Count_Rugen wrote:Blase' or bangin?

I hereby move to have the word BLASE' listed as an unmentionable word that will unleash the fury of the webgerbil.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Hot Carl » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:32 am

Call me stupid...but I dont even know what 'Blase means. Care to explain??
-- "It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." -- Office Space
Hot Carl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:42 am

Hot Carl wrote:Call me stupid...but I dont even know what 'Blase means. Care to explain??

It's pronounced "blah-ZAY." Pretty stupid word for the most part, but it's one of those annoying crossword clues that you have to know (yes, the streak is still intact!) :-)

It's really not the right word for this question anyway... :-/

Dictionary.com wrote:blase'
1. Uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence.
2. Unconcerned; nonchalant: had a blasé attitude about housecleaning.
3. Very sophisticated.

To answer the question, he better be banging...I'm waiting for him to actually score some points for my team. However, his bad track record against the Lions is a scary stat. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Hot Carl » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:08 am

Thanks...actually knew the word...just wasn't registering when I read the thread. It sounds different than it looks I know. Thanks for the feedback Mercer
-- "It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." -- Office Space
Hot Carl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:18 am

Since Davenport has been touted as the next great stud, I would imagine he would take over the reigns in the event Ahman went down.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk