Moderator: Football Moderators

What is your preferred cola soft drink?

Coca-Cola
60%
Pepsi Cola
28%
another third company's cola drink...
3%
I do not drink cola, and therefore am a communist by default (only a joke...)
10%

Total votes : 40

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:25 pm

My mistake. They never had the Coke label on them, I think they were bought by Coca Cola. About Pepsi making commercials trashing Coke, what are you talking about? I haven't seen a commercial where Pepsi says Coke sucks or something.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:39 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:And Coke other products sprite Dr Pepper and others KILL pepsi Company

Ever head of Mountain Dew?

M_ZIMM there is always an exception to the rule. :-D

And Mountain Dew is the exception.

Do you guys remember the rumor that Mountain Dew will make you sterile. There was a news story denying it because teenagers were using this to get girls to sleep with them. What a bunch of crap. This was less than 2 years ago.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:46 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:My mistake. They never had the Coke label on them, I think they were bought by Coca Cola. About Pepsi making commercials trashing Coke, what are you talking about? I haven't seen a commercial where Pepsi says Coke sucks or something.

Jimi Hendrix commercial where:

Jimi buying Coke in front of an accordian store versus

Jimi buying Pepsi in front of the Guitar store and learning to play the guitar.

Its a WHAT IF scenario. Luckily for the world Jimi bought Pepsi and he was influenced by the power of Pepsi.

Lately there is a guy drinking a Pepsi and its a close up...He is ENJOYING his Pepsi then the camera pans out....His whole house is covered in Coca-cola products and matching his walls to the RED Coca-cola color. Coke fridg, Blankets, plaques, advirtisements, etc...Coke sells everything candy machine, towels, cups, everything...you get what im saying.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Hey, all you crazy americans, do you guys still have mountain dew code red in your stores??? i loved that pop, and now its just dissapeared, im not sure if its just like ontario, or canada, or if its dropped off the face of the planet... :-o
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:04 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Hey, all you crazy americans, do you guys still have mountain dew code red in your stores??? i loved that pop, and now its just dissapeared, im not sure if its just like ontario, or canada, or if its dropped off the face of the planet... :-o

Mountain Dew Code Red is still being sold around here.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:31 pm

Canacuna wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Hey, all you crazy americans, do you guys still have mountain dew code red in your stores??? i loved that pop, and now its just dissapeared, im not sure if its just like ontario, or canada, or if its dropped off the face of the planet... :-o

Here too... They stopped LiveWire though.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:38 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

Here too... They stopped LiveWire though.

LiveWire is just a summer promotion. However, LiveWire is basically the same as any other orange soda, so it's no big loss.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:09 pm

Mountain Dew is wayyyyyy overrated IMO. Root beer's the best, and nothing's better than Barq's.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:12 pm

Apparently, you guys have never tried "Krunk" cola. Or this conversation would be over. ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:56 pm

Here's my take on all the "spin-off" MD products.

The Live Wire is the best of the three. I know it tastes like Sunkist, but it's still good.

Pitch Black is a Halloween brand of MD. It's basically grape soda. I do not like the taste that ensues in my mouth after drinking it. I think it has too much carbonation, but grape sode really wasn't my favorite anyway. I don't think grape should be carbonated at all.

The worst, and I mean the WORST by far is Code Red. I had it one time, and I'll never drink it again. Of course, that's the one they sell all the year round. This is the best description I can give for it...It feels like you are drinking Chloraseptic in a soft drink. The aftertaste it leaves is the nastiest thing you can experience.

I have never had the blue/green stuff that is only in Taco Bell, but I'm sure it's better than Code Red. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk