Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question

Postby Tbones » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:38 am

Do you guys use the cafe to decide who to use in a game time decision such as the Droughns - Griffin case or is there an actaul website that lists the starting rosters for each game (this would be within an hour of the actual game time)
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:53 am

No, there is no website that has that info. The cafe is the best source I have found for late info and game time decisions. Unless you have the NFL ticket (and even then) it's better to the guys with local coverage and they in turn report it here as to the status of whatever players are in question.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:20 am

Agreed. This is the best place to be 20-40 minutes before early kick-offs. Ideally, you can see a TV from your computer, because the second-best reference is Chris Mortonson on ESPN 30 minutes prior to game time. Usually, you'll see a few posts here summarizing ESPN within seconds. But not necessarily all. Especially, if you are using IDP's or return guys or other positions that don't get a lot of cafe discussion.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:47 am

I watch ESPN like a hawk Sunday morning, and try to check the cafe about 30 minutes before gametime to see if I missed anything... 99% of the time, that works well... But usually if I know someone is going to come down to a gametime decision I don't play them anyways... Chances are even if they do play, they don't play up to par...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:53 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I watch ESPN like a hawk Sunday morning, and try to check the cafe about 30 minutes before gametime to see if I missed anything... 99% of the time, that works well... But usually if I know someone is going to come down to a gametime decision I don't play them anyways... Chances are even if they do play, they don't play up to par...

I do the same thing, and I also use our Fantasy Football Chat room on IRC to talk to the other guys watching out for stuff. Sometimes it's up there before someone can post it in the forums! B-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:55 am

and what all these guys have said is true...best bets are...

ESPN has to be on by 10:30am

Cafe Chat opens at 11:00am

Cafe forums 24/7... most help out and post as much game time info as poss in forums

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tbones » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:18 am

Ok, Thanks guys, I do the same with ESPN and coming in here.....I just wanted to be sure I was not missing out on anything!!
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk