8th pick in the 1st round and im holding priest holmes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

8th pick in the 1st round and im holding priest holmes

Moderator: Football Moderators

8th pick in the 1st round and im holding priest holmes

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:39 pm

ok here is my strategy and tell me what u think about this. 1st round i go for a stud qb and then 2nd round i got for a stud wr. everyone one will be thinkin running back running back running back. then they will be focused on qb next right. well then in the 3rd round i could sneak in and get another stud wr. so that can be 4 stud players. then i go for a decent running back in the 4th round and then i am set. i would then in the 5th round go for a te. Then in the 6th round i would go for a receiver/rb. i would be friggin set and i think this will put me in the playoffs if i follow this because the qb is most important player because he gets 1 point a completion and 6 points for any td he scores. so what do u think about this?
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:26 pm

There is only 1 problem with you rategy... there wont be STUDS available in the 3rd round if you have over 8 teams

Friendliness: %

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:46 pm

yes most people will say that but look at it my way. people will be stockin up on 3 rb right. so then when they do that they will go right for a next qb right......... thats when i go for my 2nd stud wr. see not that hard to do u just got to think a tad little k but thx for ur suggestion
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tdfever2003 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:48 pm

What dose it mean to hold a player?
BADASS#1
tdfever2003
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Yianni2112 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:24 am

Maybe T.Barber will slip to you.

I would go QB/ WR/ RB/ WR

Possible QB avail at 8 Vick / McNabb / Manning / Culpepper

Possible WR in 2nd rd Moss / Moulds / Harrison

Possible RB in 3rd T.Henry / E.James / T.Barber

Possible WR in 4th D.Boston / T.Gonzalez(TE) / P.Price

Later round sleeper WR ****Donte' Stallworth *****
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FeArMeNtL » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:06 am

holding a player means that u get to keep 1 person on ur team for the draft. and u have a good idea for pickin almost like me but i will stick to my plan and most of the players u have listed wont be up there still like edgerrin james in the 3rd rd. just wont happen or harrison or moss because they are being held and we have 10 people in our league so most of them are not possible k. so if anyone can help me to decide to pick will help ;-D
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tjhksig » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:21 pm

If most people are keeping RB's, which seems the case, then there's no way you get even a halfway dectent RB in the 3rd round. Plus, great QB's can be had in the later rounds, it's been proven time and time again, doesn't matter which scoring system. I'd grab a back first or you will miss out and won't have 4 'studs' on your team.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smack Batman » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:47 pm

THANK YOU tjhksig for talking some sense here!
If everybody does as you say, and goes RB-RB, you will be LUCKY to find a Tiki Barber AT BEST unless you are playing with three year olds. Sure, you'll have Wide outs likeMarvin Harrison and Joe Horn, but your RB situation will be horrific. You'll start guys like Mike Anderson and Jamal Lewis! In a normal scoring system, that's about 10 fantasy points a game at the RB position. Your WR's may stack up 20-40 for you, but theres a much greater chance in scoring more points with some decent RB's and good WR's than crap RB's and Stud WR's. You may get 40 pts from your RB's and WR's on a GREAT DAY. With some decent RB's and good WR's, you could get 20-30 from your backs and another 20-30 with your wideouts...please consider the Math. I know I haven't factored in QB, but I haven't had time to with these theories of skipping out on RB's. Whew! Trust me, you won't go far with crappy RB's.
smack Batman

Friendliness: %

Postby Juke » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:08 pm

If you consider James Stewart a decent runningback, then go for it. VERY risky. If you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out.
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drunkenmonkey » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:45 pm

Yianni,

If Henry, James and Barber are left in the third round of your draft, please tell me where to sign up. Is it a money league?
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk