DID YOU KNOW? *Post them here* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DID YOU KNOW? *Post them here*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Chaucer » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:15 am

Sorry 'bout that, cnewby. Post has been edited.

It is actually a pretty cool movie. Didn't give me much fantasy insight, though...
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cnewby » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:16 am

lol, thanks!
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:29 pm

In the 1890's you were allowed to hit someone 3 times with a closed fist before a ref could toss you from the game.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rodge » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:52 pm

Curtis Martin is carrying the ball 26.7 times a game which puts him on pace to carry 427 times this year and break Jamal Anderson's record of 410 carries in a season (1998). Despite of, or because of, Martins's heavy workload Lamont Jordan only has one carry this year.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby oldbutdeadlyone » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:00 pm

Chaucer wrote:Did you know Jesse Armstead was on the Dallas Carter HS football team that PLAYED Permian in the playoff game depicted at the end of Friday Night Lights?

Didn't some other famous WR play at permian....I want to say it was Meshawn...but I may be wrong!

Kev
oldbutdeadlyone
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:34 pm

Did you know that so far this year Miami Dolphin quarterbacks have completed 3 passes for touchdowns to their own receivers and 4 passes for touchdowns to the other team (INTs returned for TDs)?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:36 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Did you know that so far this year Miami Dolphin quarterbacks have completed 3 passes for touchdowns to their own receivers and 4 passes for touchdowns to the other team (INTs returned for TDs)?

LOL...

That's a great stat right there....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:42 pm

dalej wrote:Did you know that the NE Patriots have more college graduates on their team than any other NFL team?

Football's version of Moneyball?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:22 pm

Did you know that Ronde Barber leads TB in TDs scored w/ 2

(B. Johnson has thrown for 3, but has not scored any himself)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Melo255 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:38 pm

This has absolutely nothing to with football but did you know that of all of Africas wildlife - not including Bees or snakes - the animal that kills the most humans every year isn't Lions, Tigers, Crocs or Buffalo but...Hippo's? They are extremely protective of their young and will chase and attack canoes and boats full of people and destroy them with one bite with their huge teeth just for coming within a few hundred feet of them. I've heard that their bite is equal to if not stronger than a Crocodiles. They literally chomp people and boats in half and the people that are 'lucky' enough to escape being cut in half then quite often drown in the river before they can get out. Not to mention that they, like many animals, such as the Rhino, are faster than humans in water and on land which pretty much means if they are determined and you don't get up a tree or something you're toast. So the next time you see a Hippo in your suburb I recommend you get the hell out of the area immediately.
"With My Last Breath I Curse Zoidberg"
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk