DID YOU KNOW? *Post them here* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DID YOU KNOW? *Post them here*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:07 pm

did you know the average speed of Heinz ketchup out of the bottle is 0.03 miles per hour
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:56 pm

-- Did you know that the seahorse is the only animal in which the mail gives birth?

-- Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, "Gadsby", which contains over 50,000 words -- none of them with the letter E.

-- Sharks never get sick, develop cancer, or any other illness.

-- Eating burnt food can give you cancer.

-- The word "f-u-c-k" is actually an acronym. It dates back to the Good Old Days, when England was severely underpopulated due to the usual combination of fire/war/plague, and the King issued an official order to... to replenish the population. Hence the phrase "Fornicate Under Command of the King" passed into everyday language.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Classique » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:34 pm

proKrastinate wrote:The word "f-u-c-k" is actually an acronym. It dates back to the Good Old Days, when England was severely underpopulated due to the usual combination of fire/war/plague, and the King issued an official order to... to replenish the population. Hence the phrase "Fornicate Under Command of the King" passed into everyday language.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/fuck.htm
Classique
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:59 pm

Classique wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:The word "f-u-c-k" is actually an acronym. It dates back to the Good Old Days, when England was severely underpopulated due to the usual combination of fire/war/plague, and the King issued an official order to... to replenish the population. Hence the phrase "Fornicate Under Command of the King" passed into everyday language.

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/fuck.htm

I stand corrected. Lessoned learned folks, don't believe everything you read. Which brings up a thought provoking point...how do I know I can believe your link too? :-? hehe anyway let the assumed factoids commence

-- If you fire a bullet exactly parallel to the ground, and drop a bullet at the exact same hieght as the bullet you fired, which will hit the ground first? They will hit the ground at the same time. The velocity of each moving downward is the same. Horizontal velocity doesn't effect vertical velocity.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby P. Griffin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:52 pm

Did you know:

111,111,111 X 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321?

Hopefully my team scores close to that many points this week because I have to win in order to have a shot at the playoffs.

;-D
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk