Marcus Robinson..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcus Robinson.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marcus Robinson.....

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:57 am

how do you guys like his production for the rest of the year. one fluke week? or maybe beginning to adjust to the min. offense? he has been productive last year. but i hear this nate burleson guy is good too
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:28 am

We'll see. He was ranked pretty high pre-season wise and with that offense he should get opportunities.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:32 am

I think he's gonna be the ultimate fantasy heartbreaker.

ONe week you'l see 150 and 2TDs, the next week 1 catch for 10 yards. There are so many weapons in that Minn offense, nobody will be consistent but Moss.

Its a shame too, b/c Robinson is gonna have good numbers.

I have moss on my team and its taking a lot of self control to avoid starting him AND Robinson against this lousy Saints D.
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 am

Blitzburgh2001 wrote:I think he's gonna be the ultimate fantasy heartbreaker.

ONe week you'l see 150 and 2TDs, the next week 1 catch for 10 yards. There are so many weapons in that Minn offense, nobody will be consistent but Moss.

Its a shame too, b/c Robinson is gonna have good numbers.

I have moss on my team and its taking a lot of self control to avoid starting him AND Robinson against this lousy Saints D.

If you start 3 WR's, that might not actually be a bad option... Culpepper will probably be good for 4 TD's, and if you start them both, chances are you'll get all 4 of them....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:37 am

yeah, i start 3wr. i have santana hurt too. i may live with muhammad this week but for the long run.......is he just a one week wonder?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dustyn » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:55 am

My guess is he will finish with 700-900 yards and 7-9 TDs. Any receiver with those numbers will have "dud" weeks, but that's gonna be the case with most WRs. If you're in a 12, 14 or 16 team league, those numbers are gonna be pretty solid for a WR.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:57 am

iloveny18 wrote:yeah, i start 3wr. i have santana hurt too. i may live with muhammad this week but for the long run.......is he just a one week wonder?

The problem with going with a number 2 in MIN is that it will almost always be boom or bust depending on how the opposing defense chooses to cover Randy... If the opposing defensive coordinator chooses to take his chances with the number 2, and commit his best corner and safeties to the double team every down, then Robinson (or Burleson) could have a big day on the other side of the field, but if you have a situation where the opposing coordinator decides to let his corner cover Moss, with deep help only from his safeties, then Moss will have the big day, and the opposite side WR probably won't... Robinson could be a great value if you think you can predict how that will play out from week to week...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:15 pm

was he hurt earlier in the year?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 pm

iloveny18 wrote:was he hurt earlier in the year?

yes...hamstring. But now he's healthy and should be the #2--which he was before the injury.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:29 pm

I think you've got to ride Culpepper's success right now for as long as it will go. Hopefully you can get a couple of nice weeks out of him here and then put him on the market.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk