Moderator: Football Moderators

Boldin news

Postby treadstone » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:15 am

treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:32 am

Sweet. Now all I need is a big day out of Suggs this weekend to seal the deal on a Chris Brown trade... Awesome...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:27 pm

From what I've seen, there's an outside chance he could play on 10/31 but more likely 11/7.

Damn Plindsey, that's some high aspirations for a trade. I like it though. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:35 pm

MadScott wrote:From what I've seen, there's an outside chance he could play on 10/31 but more likely 11/7.

Damn Plindsey, that's some high aspirations for a trade. I like it though. ;-D

Well, I've lined up a deal wherein I trade off Suggs and either Coles or Jimmy Smith for Chris Brown, and an unnamed scrub receiver... But, in order to get this deal done, I need a big week out of Suggs... I can't push it through this week, and a crappy week from Suggs surely would throw a monkey wrench into things, but if Suggs can put up 15-25 fantasy points this week, the deal will be done for sure....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:44 pm

Well Ive sat on Boldin in 2 leagues now.

What does everyone think his value would be in a trade at this point? I think it will be hard to get good quality out of a trade for him until he actually proves himself
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:51 pm

Flux wrote:Well Ive sat on Boldin in 2 leagues now.

What does everyone think his value would be in a trade at this point? I think it will be hard to get good quality out of a trade for him until he actually proves himself

I don't think he will be going for much right now, not playing for a long time makes owners forget about his potential. I don't know how well he will do, he isn't a great WR and he hasn't played for a long while. But if you are intersted in him, it might be best to buy low on him now before the news about him begins to pour in.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 pm

I agree that he's going to have to put up some numbers before he's worth much. I think that he can do it though in relatively good order. McCown is starting to look better, the running game has been surprisingly decent and Fitz finally is looking healthy. I think with he and Fitz both in that lineup, they should start to help one another.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:03 pm

until mcown shows me something I am steering clear of him. I guess you could argue that last year he didnt have a qb either. (was it jeff blake?) but mcown is terrible.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CAL_BEAR » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:28 pm

Well, I've lined up a deal wherein I trade off Suggs and either Coles or Jimmy Smith for Chris Brown...

8-o I had to give Harrison to get Brown...Way to negotiate! ;-D

More to the point...Boldin doesn't have the easiest start...@BUF, @MIA, NYG, @CAR, NYJ...But it softens at playoff time...@DET, SF, STL, @SEA...Hard call, but worth the gamble if you can afford the spot.

"I Like To Believe That My Best Hits Border On Felonious Assault"
-Jack "The Assassin" Tatum
CAL_BEAR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby klgreen1973 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:34 pm

CAL_BEAR wrote:
Well, I've lined up a deal wherein I trade off Suggs and either Coles or Jimmy Smith for Chris Brown...

8-o I had to give Harrison to get Brown...Way to negotiate! ;-D

More to the point...Boldin doesn't have the easiest start...@BUF, @MIA, NYG, @CAR, NYJ...But it softens at playoff time...@DET, SF, STL, @SEA...Hard call, but worth the gamble if you can afford the spot.

I disagree here. Other than CAR's secondary (curently ranked #3), the others are not that good. Boldin should be able to step in and get at least 9-10 points. Plus...Fitzgerald will help take away any double teams. And, Emmitt is still running the rock preety good for a guy 56 years old.
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk