Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CAL_BEAR » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:22 pm

CBSSPORTSLINE:
Defese Against the Pass:

Miami #1
NYG Bye #6
CAR #4
NYJ #12

Looks pretty tough to me...Especially trying to play himself back into shape. A rook will not draw coverage over a pro-bowler...Other considerations: Working into a new offense; Only a second year receiver himself. Harder to overcome these things vs. those "D's" As I said, easier schedule towards/during playoffs with time spent making the adjustments, could equal great numbers...But, if you are only looking for 9-10 points there should be other options available, outside of 14+ leagues. Good discussion ;-D

"I Like To Believe That My Best Hits Border On Felonious Assault"
-Jack "The Assassin" Tatum
CAL_BEAR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:24 pm

Of that schedule you posted Cal Bear, nice game by Cal v. USC last week BTW, they should have won, Miami has the only really legit secondary. The Giants are suspect in the secondary, the Panthers rank so well against the pass because their run defense is so bad that folks only run against them and the weak link of the Jets defense is their secondary. I think that Green will be able to get that offense going once everyone is back and healthy. They seem to be a little better in the 2nd half of the year it seems.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CAL_BEAR » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:54 pm

Hey MadScott...Thanks! (CAL Vs. SC) I thought they might pull it out...Very exciting and a great effort, I thought. ;-D

Guess the Bottom line for me is, I simply think people expect far to much from him coming back. Against what I feel are some of the better D's. The thing about a Meniscus injury (Had two throughout my career...Golf that is LOL!), they restrict lateral movement. I was able to move forward at full speed but unable to cut as sharply. It took time to rebuild the confidence in the knee. That's really all I am saying, I feel it will take him several games before he is ready to post expected numbers. Course that is his job, to rehab and come back strong...But he will not go unrestricted in practice until October 25...Short window to put it all together prior to first start. (Hummm...may have to drop S. MOSS for him) ;-) Cheers ;-D

CAL_BEAR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treadstone » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:00 am

I had a meniscus tear and played tennis on it for a month which is almost all lateral movement, beofre it really gave out on me. I think the pain depends obviously on each case. I think Boldin is gonna come back and contribute. They are a team that is gonna lose basically every week, so why does it matter if they play good defenses. They are gonna be throwing a whole damn lot, and I think Boldin will benefit. His down games last year were against: Dallas, SF, Cincy, Chicago, and Minnesota. That doesnt scream great defense at me.
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CAL_BEAR » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:13 am

Hey Tread...Don't know how much you have read on his injury...As you know from expeience, they usually go in and complete the tear...Smooth it over and clean it out. His was so ruined that it was a total rebuild; thus the length of time for his return. I'm sorry I can't provide a quick link but I would not post any B.S. No need. Do you own him by chance...J/K I however, am looking at him, as he is sitting on the WW...But I would have to drop S. Moss or Plax to pick him up, thus the concern and appreciation for the discussion in this thread. ;-D

CAL_BEAR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treadstone » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:42 am

When i tore mine i was told that I would miss 2-3 months, but at 2 I could start moving on it at almost a 100%. Like i said though, if I played tennis on one for almost a month, I'd assume Anquan could bounce back with one with liitle to no major affects.
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:47 am

CAL_BEAR wrote:Hey Tread...Don't know how much you have read on his injury...As you know from expeience, they usually go in and complete the tear...Smooth it over and clean it out.

:-P :-P :-P
Man, I wouldn't want someone to intentionally screw me up more to fix me. But, if that's how it has to be done, I suppose you have to live with it.

I picked up Boldin last week because I have Santana Moss (underperforming big time). Unfortuantely, now that he's hurt also my bench is very thin - not to mention I have two starting receivers on bye in week 8. :-B

I really need Boldin to come back for that game, so I hope his timetable is positive and he gets in there for that week.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Patsy Player » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:47 am

I tore my knee the same...meniscus. I was in my Senior year in the playoffs and I wasn't going to sit it out. I didn't tell anyone about it. My knee would go out on me and hurt like all hell...but I made it through. I could cut and everything but like I said it would give out on me at times. My doctor caught it, and asked me what happened while giving me my college sport physical the next year and told me I should have had major surgery. I just built up my quads and hammy's and it worked fine....hurts like hell still sometimes but doesn't give out on me. I think if he is doing well in his rehab program he should be ok. I agree he will improve as he goes along. Football is a lot of straight line routs whether they are crossing paterns or straight down the field routs. I think where you will notice the difference when he first gets back will be on his juke moves, and after the catch yardage....might be a bit tentative there. I think he will still be a solid WR, with more of his success depending on the QB success.

That being said, I am in a deep 16 team league, where I can go and grab him of the waiver wire and stash him. I think team's in smaller leagues should grab and stash if they are having a poor first half of the season. He might be able to help your team in the 2nd half. Fantasy Football is a lot of a time about the gamble.....does it pay off or not?
Patsy Player
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk