Pick the two best WR's!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pick the two best WR's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Slingblade » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:18 am

Slowkidz wrote:
Slingblade wrote:
Slowkidz wrote:I would go with Ward and Horn myself...I don't think SD will be playing from behind very often this season...

Fanball:
Looks like Drew Brees is going to be dropping back to look for David Boston on third-and-long quite frequently.

ok sling....what part about "I don't think..." don't you understand....personal opinion here...geeeshhh....

hehehe
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thechill » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:22 am

Something a little different

I am a big believer in the RB theory, but in 8 team leagues you can change your drafting. If you pull one of the last spots 7 or 8 in your league why not go after

Harrison/Owens with your first 2 picks

After doing that the next 12 to 14 picks in your league will consist of a few people taking WR/QB's early since you already grabbed the best 2 and they want a top 5 WR. I would bet these names will go off the board before you pick again

Moss/Moulds-for sure
Boston/horn/Holt-maybe

Some people always come out early and grab a QB
McNabb/Vick/Manning/Warner will probably be gone

with this many wr/qb's going in round 2 and 3 when your pick comes around it is very likely that these backs might still be available

Henry, Taylor, Davis, a Green, W Green, Edge, Dillon, Stewart, martin, Garner, George, Bettis, j Lewis

With this you would have a nice pair of RB's and the best WR's in the game.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:00 pm

Chill's advice sounds very tempting, but I would like to see how that works in a mock draft before committing to it for a league I've invested in.

If you take two WR from this group, I think any two of them would be a good 1-2 punch, but if you are looking at Price, then you need to look at Toomer, Driver, and Chad Johnson too, so I'll eliminate him.

Horn, Ward, and Robinson would be the three I'd take two from. Good offenses, good fantasy QB, some steady production and upside potential....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:03 pm

I'd take Burress and K-Rob.

I wouldn't want 2 receivers from the same team, and Burress seemed to gel better with Maddox. Boston and Price have too many unknows to make my list. All Holt does is not score touchdowns. It's tough not taking Horn over K-Rob. To me, Horn is the safe choice and K-Rob has a better chance to blow up next year.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VIPER » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:27 pm

I would take J. Horn and P. Burress. Burress and Maddox should pick up where they left off last season which means HUGE numbers for Plax.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:44 pm

Horn- if he's not gone already. In my opinion there's a top 5, not a top four and he's in it. His stats do the talking. But may not get as many this year because of stallworth.

Price- this one is close but I'll take Price. He should get as many or more receptions as last year because now he's a number one WR on the Falcons. He's gonna make Vick pass more now that he has a good WR. Double coverage won't occur as much as most people think. Defenders will worrying about defending the run (both runningback and QB).

Ward and Burress' catches will be divided among the two. Boston will be double covered. K-Rob would be my third pick, nothing wrong with him.

Friendliness: %

receivers

Postby diaman1123 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:06 pm

take burress and ward, no questions asked.

with the BUS sucking it up, and maddox loves to throw, you're looking at fantasy heaven.
diaman1123

Friendliness: %

Postby schachterGOFINS » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:26 pm

Horn and Price...if amani was there i would pick him instead of price
schachterGOFINS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:31 pm

Ward & Holt.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Yianni2112 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:40 pm

Horn with a speedy Stallworth teams won't be able to double him as much.
I would pick Price cause he's an ex Bill

GO BILLS
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk