Know anyone in the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Know anyone in the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Know anyone in the NFL?

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:27 am

Hey, my brother picked up Boo Williams on his fantasy team yesterday, and it got us talkin about folks that we know who play in the NFL now... We knew Eddie (Boo) Williams in high school, and let me tell you that guy was a real scumbag... He got thrown out of school one year after he was accused of raping a girl, but I think the charges were dropped when the HIGH SCHOOL football team suffered because of it... Anyways, my brother reluctantly had to pick him up this week to cover a bye, and was not at all pleased with himself for placing his fantasy team above his own moral objection.... But, that's not the point of this thread...

How many of you know people that play in the NFL? I was just curious to see...

Personally, I know Boo Williams and Zack Piller (lineman - Tennesssee) from high school, and Brad Johnson was my middle school PE coach for a semester, and I tutored Samari Rolle for a while in college...

I was just curious to see how many other folks knew players...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:30 am

I went to HS and knew Victor Hobson, LB for the Jets.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin' » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:42 am

i play soccer against kurt schultz (former bills/lions saftey). he is good. and big. well, bigger than me. he pound me around when we play. he's a good guy though, very nice.
Steve Christie also plays in my league although i don't really know him as he plays in the lower division. i heard he has a rocket shot though. (as one would assume)
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:52 am

Nick Goings - RB CAR - this guy is a real jackass. He is from the same city as me (a couple years older) and when I was like a sophomore in HS and he was playing at OSU, he and a couple of his friends came to our local rec center to play basketball. My friends and I were playing and they got in the game. I ended up guarding him and after I scored on him a couple times, he decided I needed a wake up call. So the next time I shot, he absolutely drilled me. I called a foul, and he got pissed, so I said something back and he asked if I wanted to 'take this outside.' Im like, yeah lets do that, b/c you and your friends would totally kick my ass and are twice as big as me, and youre mad about a mean-nothing basketball game against people 4 years younger than you. I hate him (I obviously didnt take it outside)

Donnie Nickey - S TEN - Pretty cool kid. He was in one of my majors at OSU and had a bunch of classes together and talked to him pretty regularly.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cnewby » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:56 am

Jason Babin-Houston Texans. This guy is one big and quick dude. Don't know him personally, but wrestled against his team in HS, and he comes into the bar I work @ when hes home...
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jscupa » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:58 am

NFL -

I know

- micheal Vick
- Aaron Brooks
- David Macklin

College -

I played with these guys
and Talk with most of them about once a week

Micheal Johnson (U.V.A)
Darryl Blackstock (U.V.A)
marcus Vick (VT)
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:05 pm

I know Rian Lindell K for the Bills. I played football with his older brother (K as well) & Rian was always at the games & practices.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Turnip » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:18 pm

I don't know anyone in the NFL :(

The biggest sports celebrity I know is Chris Paul (PG for Wake Forest basketball). Had some classes with him in high school and occasionally talk to him on AIM.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ODOGG » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:21 pm

i've gotten wasted with carson palmer and deshaun foster...they both went to school out here in orange county,,,carson palmer went to a private catholic school called santa margarita highschool,,,and deshaun went to Tustin High school,,,all out in the rich yuppy suburbs of orange county....also way b4 my time but i heard brad johnson went to mission viejo highschool,,,,which is less then 10 min from carson's old highschool and like 15 min from deshauns old school.
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

i

Postby askjim » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:32 pm

i know antonio gates. he played basketball at Kent State, and thats were i live. hes a hell of a basketball player too... he probavly coulda got drafted late in the draft. hes a good guy too
QB McNabb
WR Coles
WR Ro. Williams
WR McCardell
RB Portis
RB S. Jackson
TE Heap
Bench Perry
Bench McDonald
Bench M. Robinson
Bench Clark
Bench Vanderjagt