Henry and McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry and McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:31 pm

skinsfan wrote:Iverson is McGahee?!?!?!?!

More like Moss is McGahee. Iverson is one of the most complete players in the game for his size, and one of the most complete PG or SG at that. Plus he doesnt get injured

I'm going a little off-football topic, but I wanted to make my analogy a little more clear.

Are you saying Iverson never gets injured? As far as I know, Iverson has about 20 injuries every year from his head to his toes from driving into the lane. The point is he plays through the injuries like Henry has done. That's the comparison I was trying to make between the two players, not in terms of ability.

However, I still think Henry's a really good player! :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:46 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Iverson is McGahee?!?!?!?!

More like Moss is McGahee. Iverson is one of the most complete players in the game for his size, and one of the most complete PG or SG at that. Plus he doesnt get injured

I'm going a little off-football topic, but I wanted to make my analogy a little more clear.

Are you saying Iverson never gets injured? As far as I know, Iverson has about 20 injuries every year from his head to his toes from driving into the lane. The point is he plays through the injuries like Henry has done. That's the comparison I was trying to make between the two players, not in terms of ability.

However, I still think Henry's a really good player! :-)

Henry played with a broken leg last year. Say what you all will, but I'm with Mercer Boy.. . the guy plays hard and plays through pain, unlike anybody. For all the press Favre and McNair get, this guy plays through injury as much as anyone else.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby AmericanPsycho » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:56 pm

skinsfan wrote:Henry played with a broken leg last year. Say what you all will, but I'm with Mercer Boy.. . the guy plays hard and plays through pain, unlike anybody. For all the press Favre and McNair get, this guy plays through injury as much as anyone else.

It's not just about the pain. He has Plantar Fasciitis. If he plays before it is healed it will worsen. A hairline fracture is totally different. So it's not a matter of toughness in this case.
AmericanPsycho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AmericanPsycho » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Nobodies Business wrote:Henry missed practice again today

No he didn't.

As initially reported by ESPNews, Travis Henry returned to practice Friday after missing the previous two days with a sore ankle plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
The Associated Press added that Henry, who hurt his left foot in the first quarter of the Bills loss to the New York Jets last Sunday, had a slight limp as he took part in individual drills.

Head coach Mike Mularkey told reporters Henry has progressed, but will wait until Sunday to make a decision as to whether he'll be able to play.

As noted previously, Henry's questionable status increases the possibility that Willis McGahee will get his first career start.
AmericanPsycho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby grogdog » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:37 pm

I think loosechange is female. No man could talk that long without taking a breath. LOL
grogdog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hammerwx » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:59 am

Don't have the link, but Mularky was quoted this week as saying that if the Bills continue to lose, he will soon be forced to start playing some of the younger players to evaluate their talent.

I found that rather very interesting, and bad news for Henry owners unless Buffalo starts putting up some W's
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:25 am

AmericanPsycho wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Henry played with a broken leg last year. Say what you all will, but I'm with Mercer Boy.. . the guy plays hard and plays through pain, unlike anybody. For all the press Favre and McNair get, this guy plays through injury as much as anyone else.

It's not just about the pain. He has Plantar Fasciitis. If he plays before it is healed it will worsen. A hairline fracture is totally different. So it's not a matter of toughness in this case.

I'm pretty sure Plantar Faciatis is the exact opposite of what you said. Moss has been playing on his foot which has said problem for the whole season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:21 pm

I'm guessing that Henry will sit or see a split in carries, at least for this week. Unless Magahee blows up, Henry should be back in. I see this turning into a Stephen Davis/ Deshaun Foster scenario.

Personal observation: I see Henry getting stoked by all the speculation on his starting job. He did last year and played through a broken leg injury and banged up ribs and went on a late season tear. He CAN do it, but will he is the question and will he even have the opportunity?

If they keep him in, they need to stop trying to run him to the outside. They have no one blocking out there for him and he's not fast enough to turn the corner!
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ben_ffc » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:54 am

can we keep a watch on this? i'm in a pickle between henry and pinner...BLECH.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk