Is Javon Walker a Sell High? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Javon Walker a Sell High?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Javon Walker a Sell High?

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:32 pm

I don' t know. I keep thinking about it, maybe it's my unecessary need to make a trade. but it seems to good to be true in a way (walker's success). and i'm getting all these good offers for him (mcallister). i'd love to keep him since he's a monster for me, but if i can get a top flight player who has been consistent in the past should i do it. in any event, is walker a sell high at this point?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:39 pm

It all depends on the deal, and what you need on your roster.... If you are weak it RB, and you can get a decent or good one for him, then, yeah.... However if you are OK at RB, and don't have a lot of WR depth, I'd hold onto him....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:06 pm

It really depends on what you can get for him. I think he will continue to post solid numbers. Favre loves to throw the Ball to Walker and the way the Packers D is playing the Packers might be forced to pass a little more.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:46 pm

Walker just got traded in my dynasty league for Deuce - straight up. Man, I couldn't believe it. I'm old fashioned, I guess, but I wouldn't trade him for a top RB like that myself.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:19 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Walker just got traded in my dynasty league for Deuce - straight up. Man, I couldn't believe it. I'm old fashioned, I guess, but I wouldn't trade him for a top RB like that myself.

i was offered duece for him. i would do it, but first off, i have ahman and dillon and second, he didn't do so great when he was healthy. i don't need rb (though i could use an upgrade) that's why i'm wondering if i should sell high since i don't need anything right now.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jdogg_ffc » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:14 pm

Need to see your roster to give any advice!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:52 pm

I would keep Walker unless you are desperate for help elsewhere. He could very easily be a top 10 WR this year. Green Bay is not very good and they will have to throw an awful lot all year. He has been the main man.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby skinsfan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:02 pm

He COULD be a top-5 or top-3 with Holt's lack of production, but your guess is as good as mine. I would move him for two top-10s though, like Mason and Horn, if its possible.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nobodies Business » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:08 pm

Absolutly not... every one knew Walker was going to break out this year.. He's quickly becoming Favre's favorite target.. I got him on my team and im so happy about it.... I started the year with Joe Horn and Steve Smith as my 1 and 2, and obviously Smith is out with a severed leg or something, what a pleasant surprise Walker (my #4) has been this season... and now that I have Deuce back for this week, im about to run the table in my league..
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iloveny18 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:51 am

well, i could use wr since santana sucks right now, but aside from my roster, i'm just wondering since he had some big performances and i'm getting a few good offers for him. or i could hold out and wait a couple more weeks to see if his stock rises further. i just want an opinion as to wether his stock will drop later on this season
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk