Burress - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Burress

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burress

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:25 pm

it seemed that big ben was looking for him last week, while ward got the shaft. does anyone think burress could become roethlisburgers man and post good numbers in the next few weeks?

as a sidenote, what will cowher do when maddox is healthy again?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:51 pm

My own quote...

Most teams this year have been sticking their top cornerbacks on Burress, leaving Ward the room the put up big numbers. Lately, Plax and Big Ben have been devoloping a nice bond. In Week 4 Plax was a couple missed plays away from a 180 yd 2 TD game, and in Week 5 he tore it up for 136 yds and a score. If R Berger and Plax continue this tirade, I question Hines' ability to be a top WR.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:38 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:My own quote...

Most teams this year have been sticking their top cornerbacks on Burress, leaving Ward the room the put up big numbers. Lately, Plax and Big Ben have been devoloping a nice bond. In Week 4 Plax was a couple missed plays away from a 180 yd 2 TD game, and in Week 5 he tore it up for 136 yds and a score. If R Berger and Plax continue this tirade, I question Hines' ability to be a top WR.

you are god chef
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelcurtain » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:57 pm

I think a lot of the plays to Burress have resulted from Big Ben being able to scramble and to buy time to where Burress can get open. I don't think he starts every play looking for Plaxico. If you're a QB and you see your receiver downfield 30 yards and open, who you gonna throw to?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to see any Steeler games, I would imagine that maybe teams are now focusing on Ward and trying to make Big Ben beat them down the field. So maybe someone who has had the fortunes of watching the mighty Steelers play can enlighten us.
steelcurtain
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:10 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:My own quote...

you are god chef

I know, I know. ;-7

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:31 am

I have high hopes for Burress, if he comes back to Pitt at the end of the season, I think they could be a very good duo for some time to come.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brodmeister666 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:04 pm

Living in Pittsburgh, I watch all the Steelers games, and i've been notcing that Roethlisberger definitely looks for Burress more than Maddox did. Add that to the fact that he's their X receiver, and I think he's bound to start producing a lot more.
brodmeister666
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:07 pm

brodmeister666 wrote:Living in Pittsburgh, I watch all the Steelers games, and i've been notcing that Roethlisberger definitely looks for Burress more than Maddox did. Add that to the fact that he's their X receiver, and I think he's bound to start producing a lot more.

theres the info I was looking for.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:33 pm

brodmeister666 wrote:Living in Pittsburgh, I watch all the Steelers games, and i've been notcing that Roethlisberger definitely looks for Burress more than Maddox did. Add that to the fact that he's their X receiver, and I think he's bound to start producing a lot more.
Nice news for a Burress owner. The league I have him on, I've been lucky enough where I have only had to use him during byes. (2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex), starting Owens and Wayne. I may have to start him every week because I don't have a solid third back. (Griffin ineffective, Foster hurt and pretty much done for season) Brown and McAllister should get it done.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk