What would you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What would you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What would you do?

Postby grogdog » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:23 am

I'm in a 10 team league. Money involved but only 7 of 10. It was voluntary. Week 1 and 2 team C(not in money) puts in good lineup against teams A and B(in the money). Week 3 he edits his team to 3 players with a Bye week and another 2 that don't start against team D(in money and Commish and Son-in-law). I bitch, even before he played him, no response. WK 4 he plays team F(in money, friend of his and commish AND my brother) and changes his lineup to 3 guys who are out due to injury. I bitch before he plays him and ask he edit his lineup. He had good players available. Remember, he changed players every week. This is a custom league in yahoo. So now, after the 2 cakewalk victories I ask for my cash returned as this is not fair to the rest of the league. The 2 winners post(even my brother) I'm acting like Hitler and i'm an _ss. This has been a problem for a few years and was brought up many times prior to asking for my cash. These guys can't seem to get it thru their head that you can't do this, especially in a $ league. My bro has disowned me for bitching about it and asking for my money back. BTW i was in 2nd at the time I asked for my cash and they were 7th and 9th at the time. I've been accused of being an idiot for trying to be fair. And embarassed for my brother who disowns me in a post rather than call when he is the one who let it get that far. He is a bud to the commish. I did get my cash back but there is bad blood in there. BTW the idiot fixed his lineup against me as i figured. I thrashed him 148-77. And I also beat my brother and his bud. They play each other twice so 2 easy victories just might help them get into the playoffs when they shouldn't be. What would you do? Was I just in removing myself from the money, even tho I had a team that prob will get to the playoffs?
grogdog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingNothing31685 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:30 am

you should post again about how you think what they are doing is a load of crap then win the league and shove it in their faces.....also telling them to enjoy their dirty money would be pretty cool.....but just win the league out of spite. It's better then money IMO.
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby grogdog » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:38 am

You're right. I'll try to win it just to spite them. Or at least prevent them from making the playoffs. Payback's a _itch.
grogdog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:50 pm

you're in a league where some people pay and others dont? weird. but anyways, that is total crap and your brother and the others are complete tools.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:09 pm

That's just an invitation to disaster when some people pay in and others don't.

It should ALWAYS be one way or the other. That rule jeopardizes the competitive foundation in the league. You're learning that the hard way.

Get your money, walk, and don't look back. That's what I would do.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby grogdog » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:13 pm

I'm sure I won't be playing in this league next year. It is a disaster. I have a brother who'd rather toss aside family for a circle of friends that have no clue about fair play. I've played in leagues before where managers fail to edit their lineups for weeks at a time. Every team got that same lineup from the guy. Thats' fair. But only in this league does he edit them EVERY week so he has no chance of winning against his Buddies. This is the 3rd and last season I take this _rap. Thanks for the input everyone. I will be victorious and have the last laugh.
grogdog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting