Couch vs. Holcomb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Couch vs. Holcomb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couch vs. Holcomb

Postby Eraus » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:49 am

Haven;t seen this topic yet. Who's going to win the starting job? Will they last? Are either of the guys worth drafting? What are your thoughts? Discuss.. B-)
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party never ends!
Eraus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:16 am

I think Couch will win it, but I do have Holcomb as a possible late round flier on my cheetsheet.

Slow, I know you'll weigh in on this one, Why do you hate Couch so much? Cleveland Fan?

I mean I hated Culpepper last year alot, but I'm still behind him. Anyway just curious.
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:21 am

You havent been checking the AFC North division forum then, Slowkidz has been posting up a storm on the great QB debate.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby DUKE » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:49 am

Homeless wrote:You havent been checking the AFC North division forum then, Slowkidz has been posting up a storm on the great QB debate.

Exactly. Go there and you'll have enough Qb debate reading material to bore you to tears.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:56 am

DUKE wrote:
Homeless wrote:You havent been checking the AFC North division forum then, Slowkidz has been posting up a storm on the great QB debate.

Exactly. Go there and you'll have enough Qb debate reading material to bore you to tears.

or you could just go to a bungles game if you want to be bored even worse....hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:11 am

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:Slow, I know you'll weigh in on this one, Why do you hate Couch so much? Cleveland Fan?

I mean I hated Culpepper last year alot, but I'm still behind him. Anyway just curious.

ok...yes, cleveland fan born and raised...i don't necessarily "hate" him, but i....ummm...ok...i hate him...lol

no seriously, i think he was one of the worst qbs in his class to pick in the 99 draft. he came from a school where he played how he wanted to and there was no real set offense for him to help develop any talent that he might have possessed. he was never prepared to enter into the NFL world, IMO. look at his draft class and you'll find that there was so much more potential than this hillbilly bumpkin. you had mcnabb, cpepp, brooks, hell even smith and king if you wanted them. i think any of them would've been a better choice to lead our team. i also drooled over the idea of starting over with a top RB like james or williams. IMO, palmer royally screwed the pooch by selecting Couch as our #1 pick, and we've been suffering since. he's had 3 years to show what he's made of, and so far he's only shown how well he can cry in public. time for some new blood! let holcomb lead the charge, lets see what he can do! i've seen more potential in kelly's 3 starts last year than i saw in any start couch has had in three years!! this QB controversy is long overdue and i think this competition is the best thing that could've happened to my team...

and on that note i'll stop...lol...i could go on and on...but if you want more, just head to the AFC North division...i'm sure i'll be throwing more diatribes in there soon enough...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Vixtor » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:15 pm

Neither are worth drafting. In "real life" I think Couch will win the starting job, with one last shot to prove himself worthy. If he struggles into week 5 or 6, it's time to pull the plug.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk