R. Wayne's Value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

R. Wayne's Value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby motor61 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:03 pm

i thought enough of wayne to give up vick for him. other guys in my league thought i was nuts. i was nuts for starting vick the last three weeks.
motor61
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:15 pm

bungle613 wrote:I've been thinking a fair bit about what the Colts will do with Edge and Harrison's cantracts ending this year. The general consensus is that Edge will leave and Harrison will get his reward. I agree that Harrison should be rewarded but he would get the big contract anywhere he signed.

Is it possible that the Colts let both Edge and Marvin go this year? I have thought this through and really like it for the Colts as a team. Rhodes is legit, Wayne and Stokely as your starters and a couple of kids learning the ropes. There cap situation may not be resolved but it wouldn't be the issue it is and will be with signing a star offensive player.

I agree. Marvin is like 33 or 34 and Edgerris is 25. That 8 or 9 years in age difference. Plus Peyton can make any receiver top 1,000 yards. Keep Edge, dump Marv.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:21 pm

No way the Colt's let go of Harrison.

Harrison is the glue that holds this team together, he is the reason Wayne is having monster games this year. Wayne has the speed to beat single coverage down the field and the main reasons he gets that open is because of Harrison. I'm not ready to call Wayne a top10 WR because he lacks consistency and sure hands. He has too many plays where he is just wide open and gets gimme TDs, you can't rely on him to make something happen.

Without Harrison, Peyton Manning regresses from an unstoppable force to simply a great QB, and the other Colt's receivers go from great options to just pretty good. IF Harrison is forced to sit out a couple games, it will become pretty evident what he does for this team IMO.

When the opposing team has to dedicate an extra defender to a certain player, that doesn't show up in the box score. If you look at a guy like Michael Vick's stats you can say he is one of the worst QBs in the league. But the defense has to adjust to Vick before the game even starts and that is an extremely valuable asset for the Falcon's.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby awwchrist » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:23 pm

If the 9ers can let Montana and Rice go, anyone's expendible.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:54 pm

im trying to get Todd Heap for him, so thats what hew worth to me
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:04 pm

I'd say he's on a par with #1's like Moulds, Mason, Jackson and Horn as far as ability to produce. So far so good, now let's see if he can keep it up.
#2's;

1.) Bruce
2.) Wayne
3.) Burress
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:50 pm

I'm not sure if he would do well as a team's primary receving threat, Wayne is much better suited for secondary roles. Indy will most likely keep Marv, like Kensat said he is the glue of the team and a hugely important element of the team. Both of them are expendable, but Rhodes is ready to become a starter and I don't think Harrison is nearly as dispensible.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:28 am

Flockers wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I've been thinking a fair bit about what the Colts will do with Edge and Harrison's cantracts ending this year. The general consensus is that Edge will leave and Harrison will get his reward. I agree that Harrison should be rewarded but he would get the big contract anywhere he signed.

Is it possible that the Colts let both Edge and Marvin go this year? I have thought this through and really like it for the Colts as a team. Rhodes is legit, Wayne and Stokely as your starters and a couple of kids learning the ropes. There cap situation may not be resolved but it wouldn't be the issue it is and will be with signing a star offensive player.

I agree. Marvin is like 33 or 34 and Edgerris is 25. That 8 or 9 years in age difference. Plus Peyton can make any receiver top 1,000 yards. Keep Edge, dump Marv.

that's exactly why they're going to keep marvin. he'll cost a little less than edge. edge is reaching his prime in his career. marvin won't demand as much $. however, i have a funny feeling that(in addition to marvin being double teamed) maybe the colts aren't passing to marvin on purpose to lessen his value
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

wayne...

Postby fantasy messenger » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:37 am

Wayne will be good this year but not great. Remember a couple of years back when Price looked great behind Moulds, when Bledsoe surprised everyone in his first year with BUF. Wayne is in the same situation. Expect Marvin to get the bulk of the TDs as the year continues. Wayne will be a decent number two.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:39 am

Theres no way to answer this question. In every league players have different values. You say you got Penny for him, that could be nice or terrible depending on the team you are trading with.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk