Cheese's Early NFL Draft Rankings *UPDATED* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheese's Early NFL Draft Rankings *UPDATED*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheese's Early NFL Draft Rankings *UPDATED*

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:56 am

I don't know if anyone around here loves the NFL Draft as much as me but I must say, I am absolutely obsessed. I like the Draft as much as the Superbowl and I'm already pumped for it. So to pass the time I'm going to kick you off with my very early positional rankings for the NFL Draft. I'm going to do QB's today and then do a new position each day which will be added to this post. I don't know if anyone will care but I'll enjoy doing it.

QBs

1. Aaron Rodgers, California
2. Matt Leinart, USC
3. Kyle Orton, Purdue
4. Andrew Walter, Arizona St.
5. Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
6. Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut
7. Adrian McPherson, Indiana Firebirds (AFL)
8. Charlie Frye, Akron
9. David Greene, Georgia
10. Jason White, Oklahoma

This is a decent QB class, obviously not as strong as last years stellar crop, but with 2 legit top 10 prospects, 4 possible 1st rounders, and a slew of later round steals (McPherson, Whitehurst) its definetly not a bad year to look for a QB.

RBs

1. Cedric Benson, Texas
2. Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, Auburn
3. Ronnie Brown, Auburn
4. Vernand Morency, Oklahoma St.
5. Cedric Houston, Tennessee
6. T.A. McLendon, North Carolina St.
7. Kay-Jay Harris, West Virginia
8. Maurice Clarett, Ohio St./No university
9. Marion Barber III, Minnesota
10. Darren Sproles, Kansas ST.

This is a better RB class than last years by leaps and bounds. The #1 back in last years draft (Steven Jackson) would probably go after Ronnie Brown. There will probably be 2 and possibly 3 backs selected in the 1st round. The class is relatively deep and there are even a few players that didn't make the list (Brandon Jacobs and Anthony Davis) that could turn out to be solid NFL contributors.
Last edited by Canadian_Cheesehead on Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:59 am

I don't follow college football too much, so thanks for posting this ;-D
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:01 pm

Looks good ;-D
I follow College Football probably more than NFL and the NFL draft is just the best of both. Like you I look forward to it and is one of my favorite parts of the year.
Also I'd probably put Lefors in there somewhere, maybe over Jason White. He really impressed me against Miami.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:10 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Looks good ;-D
I follow College Football probably more than NFL and the NFL draft is just the best of both. Like you I look forward to it and is one of my favorite parts of the year.
Also I'd probably put Lefors in there somewhere, maybe over Jason White. He really impressed me against Miami.

Agreed...cant wait to see what you think CC.
I'm a big fan of Orton, he tore my Irish apart. It seems like he has the tools to be a bigtime NFL QB, but you can never really tell this soon.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:23 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:Looks good ;-D

Agreed...cant wait to see what you think CC.
I'm a big fan of Orton, he tore my Irish apart. It seems like he has the tools to be a bigtime NFL QB, but you can never really tell this soon.

I also really like Orton, id put him ahead of Leinart at this point, but its close.

Im also a Huge fan of the NFL Draft.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:06 pm

I'm not nearly as high on Orton as most, after he plays Wisconsin and Michigan I think we'll have a better indication of what kind of pedigree he is.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:23 pm

I dont really know much about college football but I read a lot of draft stuff and draft day is awesome! thanks for the rankings CC
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:25 pm

Lots more to come, I'm actually pretty excited about this. Tomorrow is RBs.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Lots more to come, I'm actually pretty excited about this. Tomorrow is RBs.

well picking #1 shouldnt be too difficult
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:39 pm

That depends who you ask.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk