Cheese's Early NFL Draft Rankings *UPDATED* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheese's Early NFL Draft Rankings *UPDATED*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ravage » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:08 pm

Just for fun here are mine.

QBs
1. Aaron Rogers
2. Alex Smith
3. Andrew Walter
4. Charlie Frye
5. Kyle Orton
6. Dan Orlovsk
7. Jason Campbell
8. Gino Guidugli
9. David Green
10. Jason White

Cheesehead is right about QB class not being as strong. As far as true talent goes at most 1-2 of these guys are worth a 1st round pick, late at that. But the value of QBs being what it is and the needs of teams you could see as many as 4 going in the 1st. Don't count on any of these guys this year or maybe even next.

RBs
1. Cedric Benson
2. "Cadillac" Williams
3. Ronnie Brown
4. Ciatrick Fason
5. Vernand Morency
6. Marion Barber
7. T.A. McClendon
8. Maurice Clarett
9. Eric Shelton
10. Ryan Moats

Cheesehead is right about this being a strong RB class. I think at least the top 3 have a chance to start this year if they get into the right situation. Also the top 3 are all pretty close and could easily be switched around.

WRs
1. Mike Williams
2. Braylon Edwards
3. Mark Clayton
4. Chris Henry
5. Fred Gibson
6. Roddy White
7. Cuaphanso Thorpe
8. Troy Williamson
9. J.R. Russell
10. Vincient Jackson

In my opinion WRs are the toughest position to get anywhere near correct. Larry Brackins will probably make the list by the combine or just after.

The combine could move many of the rankings around greatly so beware.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:12 am

The_Commish wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:For every big play Edwards makes he drops a key ball or blows a big block. Please, leave the wolverines out of chicago.

Agreed 100%. After Mr. Terrell, the Bears will never again take a Michigan WR.

We want USC's Mike Williams ;-D . Given I don't think we'll win 2 more games this year, we got a good shot.

I disagree. I want Braylon. I think he is a bonafied playmaker who will not only be a great WR, but might be able to light a fire under Terrell with a little #1 Michigan WR competetiveness. Maybe if Edwards comes in and has some success keeping his mouth shut and just playing football Terrell will follow suit. No matter what happens though, Braylon Edwards should never be compared to David Terrell just because they went to the same school. I would not be upset if we got Mike Williams, I just think Edwards is more of what Chicago's looking for.

BTW, as a loyal Notre Dame fan, I despise the University of Michigan. I just think Braylon will be that good.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:04 pm

Hmm for some reason this thread hasn't come up as "new" and I've missed it.

I agree with CC on Timmy Chang. If you've ever watched the guy play I mean he makes some good throws but half the time they are off the mark by a lot. And I mean a lot. He's not that good under pressure either. Anything but a pick in a very late round in the draft would surprise me.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk