who do I draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who do I draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

who do I draft?

Postby blitzing crackhead » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:15 pm

I have the 5th pick in an 11 team league. My next pick is 18 and then 27th. Do I go witha running back in the first round like green, alexander or my sleeper ricky williams or go witha stud qb in round one? I was going to grab a rubnning back and hoping boston would be there in round 2 and maybe pick up a qb in round 3 or 4th like a bledsoe etc? what should I do?
blitzing crackhead

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:28 pm

#5 is a tough pick to have this year. If Green or Alexander are around, they'd be great picks, but be flexible: Kurt Warner may last to #5 in some leagues.

Another option, especially if you're considering Williams, would be to trade down and pick Williams plus another top player.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

who to draft

Postby 7for8 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:12 pm

First thing I would say is that with the 5th pick, Green and Alexander will both be gone. I don't like williams at that spot either. I would take Warner and come back and get williams or a top WR with next pick, if you arent getting a stud RB at 2nd pick, i think the talent pool of might be studs is big enough to take a chance in later rounds. However if you are concerned about having a RB before the 3rd round, I would take Tomlinson.
7for8

Take Williams

Postby Funky C » Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:58 pm

I disagree, Williams would be a good pick anywhere in the draft (provided he stays healthy). Remember Norv Turner is his Offensive Coordinator, he has a history of making RBs into stars (i.e. Emmit Smith, Terry Allen, Stephen Davis, Ladainian Tomlinson). Miami is going to give Ricky the ball about 400 times this year.

You might have shot at Green at 5, but not Alexander. I would take a RB with the first pick, no doubt.
Funky C

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:52 pm

green or alexander would definitely b the way to go if they are still there... i dont think ricky would still be around at the 18th pick. if he is hes would b a total steal. i say if ahman, shaun, or warner are there, take them. if not take a rb. (maybe ricky or tomlinson but i personally wouldnt b ecstatic over either of those picks...)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

5th PICK

Postby TROUBLE » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:02 pm

If Kurt Warner is there I don't think you can let him go. Marshall Faulk is in a league by him self. Anyone of the next 5 or 6 running backs could be runner up to him. If you like Williams go with him.
TROUBLE

Return to Football Talk