Who has the best online Fantasy Football system? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who has the best online Fantasy Football system?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who has the best online Fantasy Football system?

Postby Coyote » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:42 pm

Hi all,
I have ran a fantasy football league thru sandbox.com for a few years, but last year they started to charge for "peak usage". My league is an informal "watercooler" one, and I would love to find a good system out there that would not charge me to use it. With such a wealth of knowledge here, could some of you point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help, and GO RAVENS!!!
Will
Coyote
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRock » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:31 pm

There are a few out there. Most popular free site is Yahoo. Live scoring is available for an extra $10 or so, and you have some flexibility in how you set up your league.

If you can talk your buddies into chipping in a few bucks, ESPN's service looks real good for $99. CBS is overpriced at $150. And most anyone who's ever played Sandbox is like you - will never play Sandbox again.
TheRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RonRod » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:23 pm

http://www.net-commish.com is probably the best value for your money at $65 with all of the features of CBS.
RonRod

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:56 pm

yahoo
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:06 pm

I've been using Sportsline for my leagues. I agree they are way over priced. I have looked into moving my leagues to a different site, but none of them can give me what I get with Sportsline. It just depends what your league's needs are.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

SeaWolf

Postby massraider » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:50 pm

Seawolf, check out myfatasyleague.com
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:22 pm

Yahoo's my favorite free fantasy website.
Go Dolphins!!!
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Another site

Postby CoachAub » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:44 pm

http://www.fanball.com is my favorite! The Exit42 game is just $9.95 for two teams. It costs $4.95 after that, for additional sets of two teams. This includes live scoring and a lot of other features. I've played at yahoo for two years now, and just left Sandbox after four years (great league) but their service has been less than want I wanted and now they're charging for it! I commished a league, caught a guy who had two teams in our league with different email addresses and Sandbox refused to let me remove them when they became dead. We were going to let them stay but not trade, the guy never came back and we were stuck. As a matter of fact the moderator of their help section became insulting to me when I wouldn't drop the matter. I won't go back. I now play at Yahoo and Exit 42 both. I hear good things about myfantasyleague though. They just merged with Footballguys.com though and I'm not sure how that will affect it. It should be better, but some folks don't think it will be. (?)
***Coach Aub***
GSL Norris @ Fanball's Exit42
Zealots-Z28 Eagles
CoachAub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:24 pm

I've been playing around with myfantasyleague.com . So far so good, but how's the drafting? Is it easy? I have sevreal people who only show for the first few rounds, then dissappear. They never make the playoffs, but that's thier loss. Therefor I need a site that is easy for those who do not show, or who leave.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Seawolf....

Postby massraider » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:05 pm

Well, you can demo the draft site first if you want, or go to the message board support group they have there, they are great about answering questions...
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk