Postby Slingblade » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:38 pm

i think brooks is in for a horrible season
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:24 pm

I guess you can place me in that "see it to believe it" crowd too...i think the jury's still out on him...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:45 pm

Brooks is one of the guys I will talk up and say he's ifne and everything on draft day, but I wouldn't touch him unless he slips a long ways down the chart

Friendliness: %

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:46 pm

Sorry forgot to log in, that was me
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:19 pm

I think he is healthy but i personally think he is of the over rated, over hyped category. id much rather have a tom brady or many others in there week to week over Aaron Brooks.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog1 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:11 pm

I just did a fully active 10 team live draft and got him in the 10th round. He's my back-up to McNabb, but in round 10? damn....I had to take him. Normally I wouldn't worry about a back-up QB at that point, but the value was huge.

He could fall in your draft. He was ranked top 40ish, so he would have been auto-drafted if it wasn't an active draft.
dgroundhog1

Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:57 am

Aaron Brooks - QB, New Orleans Saints July 18, 11:37 a.m.
Opinions vary greatly on the Saints’ quarterback position. The Saints believe Brooks is a precocious young talent with the skills to rank among the league’s best passers. Others around the league are not as sold on the rangy fourth-year QB, who still is plagued by mistakes and inconsistency. Brooks has great athletic skills and prototypical size at 6-4. He can make every throw needed with his whip-like delivery and routinely will make at least one spectacular pass per game. Despite his prodigious physical skills, Brooks remains a work in progress. His completion percentage has decreased each of the last three seasons, a disturbing trend, and he still makes to many turnovers (15 interceptions, five fumbles). (Jeff Duncan/TSN)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Brooks.....

Postby massraider » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:25 am

One thing about Brooks, I get the feeling the wheels could come off at any moment. The team had him in a leadership seminar in the offseason, which sounds like they are forcing something down his throat.
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:27 pm

Barring injuries, I'm still staying away from Brooks simply because he seems to suck in the fantasy playoff season. What good is a guy to me if throws 30 TD's during the fantasy regular season then takes the guzzoline when I need him the most? I'd much rather have a a guy that's going to get me by during the regular season that can tear it up at the end of the year when he faces weak defenses.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby dolphanatic99 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:51 pm

he's overrated. makes stupid choices in the pocket.
dolphanatic99
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk