Edgerrin James - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James

Moderator: Football Moderators

Edgerrin James

Postby Danks81 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:19 pm

Can we expect him to come close to the form of his first two years? Or have injuries relegated him to a mid level back?
Danks81
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vixtor » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:28 pm

I'm really more worried about James than, say, Fred Taylor. He couldn't cut back at all last season - it didn't look like rehab was working very well. I really do not expect to ever see him return to form. I mean, hasn't he spoken about retirement in the past? Doesn't sound good to me.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:35 pm

I woulld expect somethign close to what we saw 2 or 3 years ago
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:37 pm

Retirement?
From what I have read,Edge fully expects to be back to the form he was in 2 years ago...looks like another wait 'til TC and see situation.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:46 pm

I think Edge will return to near pre-injury form. he has looked extremely sharp this off-season and it does take 2 years to fully recover from his particular injury.

personally i am more worried about fragile freddy because his workload will increase and especially in the tough yards. that makes for an increase chance of injury to me.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dolphanatic99 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:07 pm

Edge scored twice last year. He has two capable guys backing him up also. I think your going to see mungro come in when the colts crack the 10 yard line because he's a north south runner.

I traded Edge for Joe Horn a couple months ago since I had RW and Alexander. Edge is just really risky. Forget the injury, is he the scorer when the situation arises?
dolphanatic99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:17 pm

I take chances on some players .Edge is not one of them. I don't really know why but I don't trust him as a starter. But maybe as a backup. To me if a player is in an injury status long enough. I take him out of my fantasy schemes alltogether.
Go Dolphins!!!
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Eraus » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:03 am

So given the option would you guys take Edge, J. Lewis, or Taylor? I have that choice to make with my 1st round pick. Keeper league all other top tier are gone.
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party never ends!
Eraus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:56 am

I'd take Edgerrin before those guys. I'd take him over Ahman Green as well.

I'm not real concerned about Edgerrin. I think he is a steal at the end of the first round. After Ricky and LT, I think there are nothing but question marks. Portis had an excellent year last year but I'd want a little more history with my first rounder. Holmes is coming off an injury, and the team drafted LJ which may steal some TD's from him. Faulk is coming off a down season, and always seems to deal with knee issues. Alexander is up and down. A fantasy stud one month, in danger of being benched the next. Deuce has some injury history but may be the safest pick of the #3-7 RB's. Ahman Green has injury history and likely a reduced workload. Taylor and Lewis have injury issues, Tiki Barber may split carries (Levens may steal the goal line carries), Travis Henry isn't exactly a proven star, Corey Dillon has about 2 good games a year, Stephen Davis switches teams and loses his line, Curtis Martin is old, Eddie George is too and coming off injury plagued years (but I think another steal 3rd-4th round), William Green plays for the Browns and had a nice 2nd half but that is it. A-Train is slow and should be avoided except for a 3rd back or so.

I picked 9th of 10 and I took McNabb, then Edge with the 12th pick. McNabb was on pace to be the #1 fantasy player last year, and it wouldn't have been close if he didn't get injured. You need a RB leaving the first 2 rounds, but I think you are better off using one pick to get McNabb/Owens/Harrison. Getting 2 RB that are not in the top 6 or 7 will leave you at a disadvantage to every other team grabbing 2 RB's since one of their RB will be a top back. They will also get to pick again before you,. putting you in an even bigger hole. Grabbing McNabb/Owens and Edge would give you the RB with the biggest upside of those left (and highest trade value), and an elite QB or WR. You can still get a serviceable 2nd RB in the 3rd round (I took Eddie G - healed from foot ailments and came on after struggling for the first 5 games).

Pick the best available player in the 4th rounds and on, but a serviceable RB will be hard to find. If you took McNabb, I'd go WR in the 4th if a good one was left.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Rodge » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:58 am

Edgerrin James is a very risky pick. He couldn't even make a cut last year. This year, he has got two good backups vying for playing time. James' story may be another sad running back story where a RB tears an ACL and is never the same afterwards.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk