Holy crap - 221! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Holy crap - 221!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:38 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:And you know who sucks, the Baseball Cafe, isn't their record like 140?

I think it's great that the user numbers are so high. I know I tell people about this site, telling them it's the best board for football on the web.

Still though, it's not fair to compare football to baseball. The center of attention for football is Sunday. Baseball games are spread out throughout the week. Most users log on here before game time to get the lowdown on if their gimpy starter is gonna play.

a baseball cafe goer?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:02 am

Yes Portis, I'm a Baseball guy more than a Football guy. I also prefer blondes, but that doesn't mean I won't do a brunette. lol.

What I said was true and was not meant to take anything away from this board or to insult it's members.

I hope my comments don't effect my street cred over here. In the past I created our current money league then commished it for 4 years. I just relinquished my position this year. I've been playing FFB since 1986.
I did give a good breakdown/prediction of Leftwich the other week. I also don't give 1 word answers then beg for a response to my question.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:32 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:And you know who sucks, the Baseball Cafe, isn't their record like 140?

I think it's great that the user numbers are so high. I know I tell people about this site, telling them it's the best board for football on the web.

Still though, it's not fair to compare football to baseball. The center of attention for football is Sunday. Baseball games are spread out throughout the week. Most users log on here before game time to get the lowdown on if their gimpy starter is gonna play.

Also, there is the fact that baseball sucks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:50 pm

WOW! That's a lot of users. Here's to the cafe'. Cheers! Image
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:45 pm

I just looked and read 130 members, and this on a Tuesday afternoon. 8-o

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:04 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:Yes Portis, I'm a Baseball guy more than a Football guy. I also prefer blondes, but that doesn't mean I won't do a brunette. lol.

What I said was true and was not meant to take anything away from this board or to insult it's members.

I hope my comments don't effect my street cred over here. In the past I created our current money league then commished it for 4 years. I just relinquished my position this year. I've been playing FFB since 1986.
I did give a good breakdown/prediction of Leftwich the other week. I also don't give 1 word answers then beg for a response to my question.

haha just giving you a hard time. we here at the light side feel more manly when we degrade you baseball folk.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:51 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:I'm a Baseball guy more than a Football guy. I also prefer blondes, but that doesn't mean I won't do a brunette. lol.

[offtopic]This reminds me that a looong time ago some folks suggested to create a Cafe Classics forum and collect the best/funniest Cafe threads to preserve them for our children and grandchildren. Let me propose to do a collection of quotes as well - this one is my first nomination! :-D [/offtopic]
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:03 am

menyak wrote:
ForeverBlue wrote:I'm a Baseball guy more than a Football guy. I also prefer blondes, but that doesn't mean I won't do a brunette. lol.

[offtopic]This reminds me that a looong time ago some folks suggested to create a Cafe Classics forum and collect the best/funniest Cafe threads to preserve them for our children and grandchildren. Let me propose to do a collection of quotes as well - this one is my first nomination! :-D [/offtopic]

I am honored. Immortalized in Cafe history. :-) Now let me get started on the children and grandchildren bit.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to General Talk